New speaker excitement

You have new speakers coming as well? Tab Sigs?

Yup. Think the recent upgrade to 252 will reveal their qualities over the already accomplished 10.

G

1 Like

Enjoy the sigs Graeme they add a tad more weight to the sound without compromising the excellent top and mid range of the std.

3 Likes

That indeed they do. They move them up quite significantly and handle transients so much better. They really defy their size to. I think these and the Atom are one of lifes great pairings. It’s almost like they where made for them.

2 Likes

I have just moved house and at the moment I’m enjoying the Allaes driven by a Nait 2 in the main living room but once all the decorating works have been completed the main setup with SL2s will return.
The Nait 2 will move to a smaller room and I’m considering purchasing a pair a Tab 10 sigs (again)

Never say never :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Couple of pics of my old Tabs

5 Likes

I can only dream how a 252/250DR would sound with my D2R’s. Heaven I’m sure

Congrats to the both of you!

2 Likes

Im curious to ear what the D2r sounds like.
I like the Tabs a lot. Waiting for the opportunity to ear the ribbon tweeter of the ProAc s

1 Like

Yes you should try them. For my situation they are outstanding. I was thinking about the Tab’s but I got such a good deal on the D2r’s and I got to audition them at home(rare where I’m from). The tab’s would have been a tad too small for my room. Anyway I’d recommend an audition. Normally I take reviews with a grain of salt, but this time they were really spot on.

@CrystalGipsy I’ll stop hijacking your thread. I’m just happy for you and glad you like the ProAc sound.

2 Likes

No worries, I was advised not to try the D2r as it would have unbalanced my system too much and way out of my range. They do look good though. One for the future if I upgrade Atom perhaps.

3 Likes

Tried out my Iso Acoustics Gia on the demo stands. Lifted the sq and tightned up the bass a bit more. So when I get mine I also have some attabites to add to the mass which hope will put the icing on the cake. Been playing a bit with placement, to remove the suckout at 200hz my room causes which I seem to have reduced significantly. Couldnt with old speakers as the bass would loose it. Will play more when I get mine as I will have to dismantle and start all over again anyway with these being demo units.

1 Like

On my list as well. I’m curious about them, the issue is they are expensive here in the States

I ordered two tubs as was unsure how many I would need. They are pretty damn heavy.

1 Like

Why don’t you have a look at a pair of Falcon LS3/5a stands? They are pre-filled so weigh 17kg each and are designed for speakers such as the Tab 10’s. Normally cost £900 but Falcon selling for £320. Calling them ‘slight seconds’ as they used a different powder coat finish. I bought a pair for my Tab 10’s and look absolutely brilliant. Sound even better. Now use them with my PMC’s

Tab 10’s on Falcon stands

6 Likes

Sad face

G

PS Central pillar filled with Atabytes.

1 Like

Thanks but I prefer the Solid Steel looks wise. They blend in more to the room than that style of stand.

2 Likes

Like your taste in music CG. That and ‘Lazer Guided Melodies’ are superb albums, oh, and ‘Songs in A&E’ of course. They get regular playing on my Naim/Dynaudio gear.
Thanks for the demo info, useful stuff!

1 Like

Jasons never really released a bad album some are not as good as others but they are can never be considered bad, he just sets himself high goals sometimes. Ladies and Gentlemen is the peak of his career so far although I have a soft spot for his previous bands output to Spaceman3 , Playing with Fire is stunning and you can hear the forming of what would become the Spiritualized in it.

1 Like

You’ve now prompted me to put on Lazer Guided Melodies. :slight_smile: But not on the main rig, can’t get in the room due to Fortnite. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes