New speaker excitement

Why the sad face?

1 Like

Empty stands for a while as I await the Silk White Sigs!

G

2 Likes

Yes, I can still remember borrowing LGM CD from Poole library in around 1990. Must have played it oh, five or six times back to back. It was just so original. Much the same with Kid A 10 yrs later.

1 Like

I have them now, filled the stands about 3/4 with Atabites. Took longer than expected to do that, not too much spilled our either. Although I only just needed to break into the 2nd pack.

Let the music and break in commence. Even first in they still sound sweet. Paul said the demo pair where not fully broken in so I look forward to a month or two from now.

23 Likes

Very nice indeed, love the stands

2 Likes

The speakers look very classy sitting on those equally nice stands.

4 Likes

I’m a very happy camper.

4 Likes

Any sign of yours yet @GraemeH

1 Like

I definitely think the Atabites have helped extend the bass and midrange. Strongly recommend them for filling in the stands.

3 Likes

I’m very happy for you CrystalGipsy! Hope you get that other issue sorted out as well. Great looking speakers and stand. ProAc’s sound better after a few listens

1 Like

Congrats, I presume yours is the mahogany finish, I have the rosewood. Looks stunning anyway. Give them a month, they should be settled by then.

3 Likes

Nope Walnut so they matcgh closer to the unit and flooring. Mahogany likes nice as do your Rosewood.

3 Likes

Grrr…Next week sometime.

Enjoy your Sigs. They look perfect in your room.

G

2 Likes

Do you recall which stands those are please? Thanks.

All good things. They are worth the wait.

2 Likes

Those are the Custom Design SQ 404 Speaker Stands

Thanks. Looking them up shows depth of the top plate of 180mm, with width of 165mm. Did you order a custom size, as the Tabs are only 150mm deep? Sorry for the questions.

I turned the stands 90 degrees and the tabs fitted perfectly the only issue is the foot plate as one side was slightly wider but you could hardly notice

Got it, thanks.

Sharing your excitement today. I took delivery of a pair of ProAc Response D2Rs and a pair of SolidSteel SS5s today. Just love that ProAc sound! The icing on the cake is the used NAP250dr from Tom Tom that also pitched up by courier this morning. Happy bunny.

3 Likes