New tonearm

Hi Thegreatroberto,
would you please give me a little help?As I have a Michell TT too,the Gyrodec and Benz Glider,I would like to know if you mounted a Michell VTA adjuster for Rega three points fixing tonearms on the arm plate.I currently have it for my RB 301,but I must say I don’t like the slotted screws provided with the kit.I much prefer Rega’s crossed screws.
Thank you.

No VTA adjuster between my RB3000 and Gyro se. Nor when I had the RB330.
Dealers fitted both arms and the cartridge. Although it’s easy to do yourself.

I see, thank you.

Hi all,
I ordered my new Rega RB 3000 on 23th December and it arrived yesterday…My retailer told me it is due to import problems from UK.
I don’t know what to say but it took too much.I also couldn’t enjoy it because there is a problem:the 3 fixing screws provided in the package of the RB 3000 are larger then the holes on my Gyrodec’s arm plate!So disappointed.I thought that maybe Rega has changed the diameter of its fixing screws?My Gyrodec is 12 years old.
I told it to my retailer.
Any thoughts please?
Thank you.

1 Like

Anyway the RB3000 is beautiful…

Michell will likely have an armboard to fit the new arm, if they can get it across the boarder in reasonable time.

2 Likes

Thank you Yeti,I was considering this too.

Right. I had the same problem with the rega screws and my Gyro se arm plate.( 5 years old)
What you need are 3 off M3.5x20 screws. I bought a pack of A2 ( 304) stainless ones off ebay.
I can’t remember if the rega ones supplied were too big or small ( think they are M4 x 20) But my dealer used the old ones that were originally supplied with my Rb330.
I think the issue is the michell arm plate is wrong for the screws now supplied by rega.
My solution of buying screws was the simplist. I did think about contacting michell but they will likely tell me they are correct and rega wrong. And if I contact rega, they will tell me its their arm, so their supplied screws are correct.
My view is that michell are wrong.

Anyway, the RB3000 is a fantastic arm. Get the above screws and you’ll be fine.

Picture to help.

3 Likes

If your Gyrodec is twelve years old , is it an older fitting ?

Anyway, once it’s sorted I am sure you will have a wonderful turntable

PS I think Michell are having time issues the same as many other manufacturers

1 Like

The tapped hole in the Michell arm plate is wrong. Mine is only 5 years old and the wrong size for the RB330 supplied with it 5 years ago. ( the dealer used some non Rega screws, that were clearly wrong but fitted). When another dealer fitted my RB 3000 they reused the same wrong screws. Leaving the Rega supplied ones in the box. Hence my suspicious/curious mind went and checked. Naughty behaviour by both dealers.

The RB 3000 comes with M4 x 20 screws. Along with washers and nylon nuts ( both are not required with michell arm plate.

The right thing to do is get a new arm plate from michell ( confirming that they are now tapping M4 rather than M3.5 holes. Or tap out the existing holes to M4 ( potential to bugger it up). Or just do as I did.

2 Likes

“In nomen omen”.Your reply is just great and
useful.I’m not at home right now,I will read all the replies when I’ll be’ in front of my iMac.Thank you all.“The Naim retailer will help you professionally”,as stated on the Forum and I actually agree but the Forum is just super.

I don’t understand if the M3.5 20 A2(304) that you bought were from Rega or third part?
Thank you.

A generic m3.5 screw. I doubt Rega make their own! But it fits and works well. I think I said they were from ebay.

1 Like

Thank you so much!I asked just because you wrote"the dealer used some non Rega screws, that were clearly wrong but fitted",hence my doubt.Thanks again Thegreatrobert.My Superline can not wait…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.