NEW! Uniti Atom Headphone Edition – and streaming pre-amp!

I ended up going to the head-fi CanJam yesterday with the purpose to see how the DCA Expanse sounded out of different setups. Basically to see if the Naim HE was doing them justice. The biggest surprise was DCS Lina stack for $30k sounded worse than the Naim HE. It lacked bass, detail and resolution. I believe the problem was just with the amp pairing. But they charge $10k for the amp alone. The headphones sounded pretty good out of Benchmark’s amp but I still preferred the Naim’s warmer, more fun sound.

So the best I heard the headphones was out of a new Woo WA23 Luna tube amp. The source was actually the DCS Lina streamer dac. So that how I knew it was their amp and not the whole setup. Anyway that Woo amp cost $9k. I suppose if had the money could just hook it up to the Naim HE.

So the Naim HE was actually really competitive and sounded better to me than a lot of what I tried at the show. It’s nice to know with my own ears where it stands against the competition.

11 Likes

Well that’s a real result/relief. Thanks for letting us know. Just reinforces what a terrific value for money package the HE is……

3 Likes

Okay …not to debate…just pure question.
Is the Naim Uniti Atom Headphone Edition using special type of fuse? Isit some proprietary fuse?
Can I replace them with the same rating and measured fuse?

Looking at Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3.

The fuse in the back of any Naim box is a slow blow version that is carefully matched to the device and must not be changed for a random fuse that happens to have the same amp rating.
The fuse on the UK mains plug is a standard 13Amp type that protects the cable.

Because since I’m in Malaysia, we also use the same 13Amp UK. Basically same…that’s why I want to try.

Please don’t even consider changing the equipment fuse inside the IEC inlet for anything other than the exact specified part - it’s extremely unsafe to do so, will void any Naim warranty, and may have implications for your insurance should a catastrophic event result in damage to home or life. More info here;

4 Likes

Thanks noted.

Anyone know where can I get or purchase a remote control cover?

Your Naim dealer?

ATB, J

Green moods…

15 Likes

What’s the Naim box underneath garcon? It looks quite vintage but old school is good!

Nait 2

1 Like

I do like the look :eyes: your Fyne Audio speakers

1 Like

One of the smallest proper bookshelves around.

2 Likes

After burning it in for nearly 100hrs, it sounds as great as the 1st day I got it. The Naim Uniti Atom Headphone Edition.

Atom - SMSL DA9 - Fyne Audio F301.

Atom - Hifiman Arya V2.

Foobar 2000 - Denafrips Iris DDC - Atom - SMSL DA9 - Fyne Audio F301.

Foobar 2000 - Denafrips Iris DDC - Atom - Hifiman Arya V2.

Headphones experience with Atom HE - Hifiman Arya V2, Hifiman Ananda Stealth Edition, Audeze LCD X. Lush, warm, musical and organic. Too warm for LCD X combo.

8 Likes

That looks like my grandsons idea setup. :+1:

1 Like

He must be a gamer. Most will have a layout like mine here. Thanks btw.:+1:t2:

1 Like

Hi, i found out that when i play using USB, the albums do not replay. Anyone out there having this issue? using Tidal and other streaming services do not have this issue.

Replay same track no problem though.

Mine seems to have no issue with this (just checked)? Strange

1 Like

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum I have a uniti Adam headphones edition when I turn it from the wall socket the process bar goes along sometimes it starts to do a firmware update. can anyone help me is that normal

1 Like