NEW! Uniti Atom Headphone Edition – and streaming pre-amp!

There is no absolute limit to the size of hard drives you can use. However, you will find that a large library is easier to manage from a separate NAS running its own UPnP server.

2 Likes

I have a nearly full 1TB Samsung SSD connected to the back USB port and it works fine.

Thanks for your reply

I tried a WD, my passport 4 terabyte, and it seems to work fine

How do you remove a USB pen drive safely from the unit and put it in safely to the unit

Just pull it out, and stick it back in.
If you use the Server/Local Music input which allows you a proper tag view of the library it takes a bit of time to rescan when you re-insert the drive, which can be a bit of a nuisance if you need to remove it regularly.

Thanks mate

Does anyone know what the volume would be if I wanted to limit the RCA preamp output to 1.4v?!? @Naim.Marketing

I’ll be using the Naim HE as a preamp for a Tube Amp so just trying to get a feeling as to the max volume for the HE if the Tube amp has a 1.4V max line-in voltage for the RCA.

I was playing my uniti atom headphone edition with a seagate 1TB solid state drive halfway through the album. The song started to stutter then it would stop and the unit would reboot itself any help would be appreciated

Hi All - been rocking out with my Atom HE particularly to Peter Gabriel, Dire Straits, Genesis, Pink Floyd and Led Zep.

Which headphones would people recommend for Prog Rock / Rock music… All recommendations welcomed, particularly ones which have synergy. How about Meze stable (Elite / Empyrean / Liric) / Focals (Utopia and?) / and ……?

Do a search on Headphone recommendations and 50+ threads appear, lots of discussions on headphones.

btw… I enjoy my GRADO 1000e headphones.

2 Likes

Thanks - will have a look.

But also my question is not generic re headphones but specific “synergy” with the Atom HE when it comes to rock music…

Any other views ….?

The HE was developed together with Focal headphones. Perhaps start there and if that does not blow your hair back you can broaden the hunt?

1 Like

Empyrean and (even more) Elite are great matches, as are the DCA Stealth. I am a little bit less enamored with most ZMF offerings. And based on my auditive memory I would expect Denon AH-D9200 to excell as well…

(I currently own Empyrean and Stellia. Both gorgeous)

2 Likes

I bought stellias. They are sweet with the he.

1 Like

I’d always recommend ZMFs despite the taste in music as overall performance headphones.
I own the Atom HE with a pair of Vérité closed and also listen to prog. Even though they are often recommended with tube amps, they work very well with the Atom.
The Vérités also use beryllium like the top end Focals, meaning very detailed but I find them to be less Hi-Fi sounding.
They are great longtime listening headphones sound wise - no fatigue and also astonishing comfortable as it is possible to arrange the headband for each individual head shape.
In contrast to the Stellias which I had for a while they have better ventilation and don’t tend to heat up the ears.
For me they are the best way to retain the Naim sound. Also what Kudos does loudspeakers wise.
A bit like Grados but with better soundstage, detail and bass performance.

One interesting thing about ZMFs is the possibility to change their pads to receive a different sound tendency. You could e.g. choose a more warm sound for blues and more clear/precise for prog.
And there would always be the possibility to connect a tube headphone amp with the atom and use its fantastic streaming engine and DAC.

1 Like

I bought the Naim HE for my Focal Utopias (OG).

The slightly different tuning of the new 2022 model is probably even more appropriate for Prog Rock, but if you can still find an OG it could be a great fit at probably half the price.

I mostly listen to Classical and Jazz, but the pre-1975 Genesis remains dear to my heart, and Communiqué is one of my test albums for new gear.

1 Like

Really dig the reference to Communique! Great album

1 Like

I’ve had the Meze Elites for over a year now and they’re a great match with the Atom HE and perform well with most genres. Well, I haven’t found any yet that I don’t like!

I had the Empyreans before that for 18 months and again, great headphones just a little warmer in tone in the upper bass, lower mids. This will give the feeling of less detail but they do pack a lot of detail in there, it’s just not so in your face.

Both respond very well to a good silver headphone cable and the HE responds well to a good power cable.

1 Like

Well the Naim HE works great for prod rock because of its PRaT focus. Not sure I’d recommend the Stealth it just because lacks the bass punch and warmth of the Expanse. Expanse excellent with all genres with maybe Stealth better for classical. The original Utopia and new version would also be excellent for prog rock. Very dynamic and punchy. The Meze Elite a little sweeter sound.

3 Likes