NEW! Uniti Atom Headphone Edition – and streaming pre-amp!

That’s the latest firmware. Can you hardwire your Atom to the router? Even temporarily.

It’s a way out of the road mate

Richard.Dane could advise you further. You may have to improve your wireless network or speak to your dealer. Sorry I can’t suggest anything more.

Thanks for all your help mate

I’ve had Naim equipment for thirty years - and it’s always meant to be left on, it’s designed that way .

The Atom HE is much more user friendly in that it can go into stand by .

The reason behind this , is to avoid the situation of the poor performance when the equipment warms up ,

I have too TP Link plugs I am using them at the moment and everything seems to be working fine.Thanks

Not sure I follow your reasoning there. In standby, the unit and it’s power supply is off, with only a tiny SMPS running to keep it discoverable. Nothing begins to warm up until you take it out of standby mode.

Which in the times of a major energy crisis in Europe probably isn’t a bad idea.

Indeed, this was done in order to conform to EU network standby legislation.

1 Like

I think I have fix my problem with my uniti Adam headphones, edition I had a pen drive in the back of the unit I always kept in so I never took it out I have it out now everything seems to be loading fine

2 Likes

I just pass my information on about the USB pen drive in the uniti Atom headphone Edition to Naim tactical support they think it could be possibly a bug

Now you’ve had your Elites a while, do you still find you use your HD800s? I also have the Elites and love them paired with the Naim HE but I listened to the HD800s the other day and thought they sounded rather nice when listening to classical. Trying to decided whether they could be a good combination with the HE.

To be honest, I haven’t been using the headphones for a while hence it’s hard to answer this question. I am actually planning to make my final decision whether to leave hd800s as my second pair in November, after some thorough listening and testing, but I am inclined to use them for acoustic jazz, ambient and world/folk and keep them just for having an alternative. I really like hd800s for their look, comfort and airy scene. Elite might beat them in many aspects in my opinion, but I find hd800s really special (despite their slim bass response). I also plan to buy forza audioworks noir (non-hybrid), but this will happen after making final decision.

I guess this reply wasn’t much of help :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, it sort of confirms what my thoughts were really. Go to headphones for most / all genre is the Elites but when I demoed a pair of HD800s, I thought these would be a good alternative for music that didn’t require deeper sub/bass response. Jazz, Classical, Folk and any stringed instruments (other than double bass).

I think I may keep an eye open for a pair in the Black Friday, New year sales. Thanks :+1:t2:

I bet they play Classical Music. It’s only 4 now, often 6 or even 8 appear.

Sometimes an organ kicks in and shakes the room and those in it.

Yes, classical music :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lol… it’s like the buses… you might not see one for a while then they all suddenly appear at once. Personally, I love the double bass, especially solo. It has so much character!

I was reading a website elsewhere that mentioned a UK firm, Icon Audio? They make a small tube amp HP8 Mkii that seems to be very good and not too expensive. It seems to pair very well with the HD800s and work well with other headphone amps that have a preamp. makes me wonder whether it would pair up well with the HE.

1 Like

How long does it take for the uniti Atom headphone, edition to run in our burn in weeks are months

It depends on the use of course, but in my case with almost daily use, I would say 3-4 weeks before its sound stabilised. It actually really opened up at the end of the break-in period.

BR,
Richard

3 Likes

Thanks mate

What size of hard drive can I use with my uniti atom headphone edition how many songs albums can I put on It thanks