NEW! Uniti Atom Headphone Edition – and streaming pre-amp!

And not your brain :wink: I think most of these high audiophile things are more located/happening in the brain of the person. Maybe a comparable effect like with placebo. But of course that is just my opinion since I cannot proff without a blinded test. But for instance…RJ45 cable…really? What should make a difference in here? Is there a technica explanation for this? I mean from my unprofessional thinking it´s just 0 and 1 right?

I was kidding with Leimotiv……He specially doesn’t trust his ears( look the burn in cable thread).

Yeah it’s not what he said.

If only we could have audio capabilities for all science and engineering. “I feel better” and a new pharmaceutical gets distributed to a billion people. So simple

1 Like

I am kidding

Sorry, still early and I guess I might be grumpy :coffee:

1 Like

Anyone tried the Atom HE with Acoustic Energy AE1 and Elac Navis ARB51 active speakers?

Hello and welcome to the Forum. This review covers one off:

Thanks very much Clare - it reinforces my prejudices - and I must have a listen.
Another question: I realise the Atom HE doesn’t have HDMI but I can’t resolve the back panel inputs so is there a way to connect it to a TV?

Try the optical TOSLINK connection.

Good afternoon. Is there a delay in supplying dealers with the units? I have been told 16 weeks by my local dealer is this about right? Thank you

Demand is off the charts for the product - it’s as simple as that. We have a big back order list we are working through as production time and resources allow

3 Likes

Thanks Clare. I’ll take that as a yes then👍🏼and get my order in.

So glad I was one of the first adopters.

Whilst I too have noticed a subtle difference between the innate NAIM app for QOBUZ and via ROON, have also reverted to Roon as I can change music easily on laptop. Unfortunately the NAIM app for MacOS only supports the M1 chip. @Clare is there any plans to make this backward compatible with older MacBooks (which are not all that old) and Intel chips?

1 Like

Whereas I cannot detect any difference between the two with the headphones I have, I very much doubt that this has to do with the Atom HE. I know you are not necessarily implying this but thought I’d mention here on the thread.

Should manifest itself on all the streaming products then as it sounds like a difference between the decoding of the source stream on Roon vs the on board chipset on the streamers.

Silly question as the answer is mostly likely no but you are not using any DSP on Roon?

I’m also wondering if sending the already encoded bitstream over the wire vs creating that on board can have an effect depending on the networking gear used.

With the limited resources and many existing plans we have in progress (eg support for music streaming service developments), I fear it isn’t something we could prioritise. Paging @tomvamos for any more insight!

No. Not using any DSP.
Roon via 2.4ghz wifi although the router is 3 metres from the Roon core.

As to the cause, I’m not going to speculate as it can be a number of things. And I’m not implying one is better than the other.

Listening with Focal Utopia.
It’s a very subtle difference.

There are some members (I believe a minority) who hear a difference. I found that interesting and tried, and I thought that maybe I did, too. However, I also thought that volume was a little lower with Roon, and after trying to adjust for this, I did not really hear a difference anymore. However, this was by ear and I cannot tell you if Roon volume was really a bit lower, or if was the same and turning it up a tiny bit more masked/balanced a real difference. In any case, any sound and volume difference was tiny, for me. (I have everything wired, same cables, 8switch, separate Roon Rock)

Sorry, is off-topic here

You could, as a test, try to wire the Roon Core in. When I was running on WiFi when I started with Roon I had some sound artifacts.

I was utterly convinced that WiFi should not do anything but Roon does recommend to wire the core in, so I did and the noise artifacts disappeared. Then I asked about it on the Roon forum and some folks came with a believable explanation regarding how Wifi shedules and sends the data packets timing wise.

If I did not hear actual issues disappear I would not have believed it myself.

1 Like

Hi @Dr_kevy,
At the beginning of this year we started to look in to the feasibility of the adaptions and tasks required to create and maintain a non-M1 MacOS compatible Naim app. After a much discussion we set out the headline stories in a single epic (forgive the Scrum jargon) and then had to stop there due to other priorities.
In short, we’d like to do it and we’ve documented the top-level deliverables but for now it’s an unscheduled set of backlog stories while our focus is pointed elsewhere.

7 Likes

Sounds like it’s time to hire some new employees :sunglasses: