NEW! Uniti Atom Headphone Edition – and streaming pre-amp!

Clare answered this a month ago:

1 Like

Thanks! I missed that one. Well, hoping for a positive update from Clare anyhow. :slight_smile:

Richard, as ever your dealer and distributor will be in the best position to keep you abreast of when you might expect to receive one. I’m sure it will be worth waiting for.

2 Likes

Thanks @Richard.Dane - wise advice, as ever :slight_smile:

@afgverhart Demand is still very high - and growing even faster due to the excellent recent reviews/as people get a chance to demo at their dealer. As a result, we have vastly increased the number of Uniti Atom HE units set to be produced this year. I’m sure that means your dealer will be able to get some - but i’d urge them to not wait to put orders in. Lead times for new orders are running at @12 weeks

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick and clear answer! I have just sent an inquiry to my dealer. :blush:

1 Like

And suspect it is growing as it seems to fill niches such as the ND5XS2 and the 272 .

I think it may be a Swiss Army Penknife product

2 Likes

Anyone find the manual for this? It doesn’t seem to be at the product page and the atom manual doesn’t cover this one…

I wonder how the Pre stacks up against the 272…….

While I’m waiting for Naim to produce a compatible amplifier for my AtomHE, would it be possible to hook it up to my 300DR?
How about XLR to XLR cables? If that worked I might be able to use the cables with a future compatible amp.

I think that is covered above; the issue is that the Atom is dual balanced xlr out whereas all naps are apparently unbalanced in so you would need to use the unbalanced rca outs on the Atom with a customised xlr in for an existing Nap amp. The (slight) advantage I think you have is the 300 is two xlrs whereas we 250 owners have the one Xlr in. Customised cables are the go from reading above. That’s my read anyway. I do think it is interesting that Naim have introduced the now widely popular balanced xlr as an output and shed their traditional output, it makes using our legacy power amps a bit harder with this little box of tricks. Let’s see what our view of this move is in a year or 3…

3 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I’m going to assume that a future amp will be balanced XLR compatible.

1 Like

If you are in the US you can get a nice D’Agostino power amp for a much better price than I can in Australia… Now that would be a Mullet or whatever the Naimite term is for a freaky system!

It’s a comparison well worth doing….

2 Likes

I’m just going to pose the same rhetorical question over and over moving up through the pre-amp hierarchy until you press the chicken button!

Well the Uniti Atom HE does include elements of the Statement pre-amp design :wink:

1 Like

7 Likes

Perhaps worth trying a pair of NAP S1s, which have balanced inputs I think. :slightly_smiling_face:

Roger

1 Like

Don’t hold your breath. Naim have already said earlier in this thread that there are no imminent plans to develop matching power amps with XLR inputs. They are clearly anticipating that the target market is for headphone and/or active speaker users.

1 Like

a klimax twin is balanced and compact.

2 Likes

All that is necessary for Atom HE compatibility in a power amp is a set of single-ended RCA inputs (just like the NAP 100 has, in addition to DIN). I doubt Naim is interested in building a balanced amplifier, especially a modestly-priced one.