NEW! Uniti Atom Headphone Edition – and streaming pre-amp!

It’s motivated by age and health reasons along with space. My Harbeth 30.2’s limit what the 500 system can do.
Another reason is my choice of music. I like to joke that my favorite music was either created or performed by people who are now dead. That’s a bit of an exaggeration but not too far from the truth.
I’m also motivated by ease of use. I love the Atom HE and it’s remote. Roon can control everything and I only need one remote. The same with my Gen 2 Mu-So.
If the Atom HE is good enough to front the 250 DR, it will be the perfect system for me.
I can always add an NDX-2 or go back to an SN3/NDX-2. In either case, the Atom HE will remain as my headphone amp.

3 Likes

My dealer tells me it is. I’m going to have a listen tomorrow again.

1 Like

What cable is your dealer using?

I didn’t ask, but last time he mentioned that he can supply a cable.

Try the Atom HE into active speakers. Currently running HE into ATC SCM40A :+1:

1 Like

I just bought a NAP 250 DR and a Chord IC to go with it. I also don’t want to give up my Harbeth’s.

1 Like

Extremely happy with atom he into ae1 actives, can’t even think what it could do with those.

2 Likes

I think I found the right cable in my storage to connect the HE to a Nap 200.

Phono to Din-4.

2 Likes

Is that a generic cable or one wired specifically for a Naim power amp DIN input ?

It’s a cable which I bought back in the days at Flashbacksales to connect my Naim AV2 with another amp. I need to check out the specific wiring, but I have good hope.

1 Like

You should be fine then as the AV2 uses the standard DIN4 wiring. Just wanted to check as a non Naim wired DIN plug can put the NAP200 24v preamp supply rail where you don’t want it.

2 Likes

Has anyone here done a comparison between an Atom HE + Nap 200/250 vs Nova??

2 Likes

I’d be interested in this too. I have a Nova and a 252/250, both of which I’ve run through the same speakers. The 250 has way more control over the speakers, so assuming the Atom HE pre is on-par, or better, than the Nova, it could be quite a promising option.

1 Like

Yeah it is really tricky business choosing a new product at the moment. There is never really a “best choice”. Especially when there are new products that may or may not potentially be released at some point in time.

2 Likes

I listened to Atom HE with Focal Clear MG at a dealer and really liked them. HE also showed the difference between Clear MG and Elear.
When I got home I compared the experience to my NDX2/ SN3 headamp. output in the SN (with HCDR) and found it a bit raw and less sophisticated than HE.

How would NDX2 with a dedicated headamp such as Violectric, Schiit or other suited amps with Focal work, compared to HE? Anyone that have done a comparison?

S

3 Likes

I’d also be very interested to hear. I know some have said that the HE beats the performance of a Headline2 with Supercap in a 500 system, which is very impressive by any measure. Just a shame about the uncertain wait…

1 Like

I’m now waiting since months for my he to arrive at my dealer. He wasn’t even sure to get it this year. Incredible! Maybe its a cosmic sign that i just shouldn’t buy it.

Everything takes a long time nowadays. Personally, I actually like it since it is opposite to the concept of mass consumption we had for so many years. I remember in the summer of '19 when I was in the London office and it was very hot. Someone went online and bought battery driven airfans for a few on the floor. I refused for the simple reason that that instant satisfaction is actually the perceived reason for global warming.

Well for me waiting longer means more fun. Your opinion can be very different of course but you can tell yourself then that the product is specially build to order for you.

1 Like

I replaced a Violectric V1 driven from A/V out of a NAP 552 which is fronted with an ND555.
The headphones are Focal Utopias.
I replaced the V1 with an Atom HE because:
The Atom is a Joy to use.
It sounds great over a broader range of music genre. I seldom switch out of a track of music.
It can be operated standalone and wirelessly.
Terrific remote that controls everything.
It can be used as a pre-amp. I’ve bought a NAP 250 DR and plan to use it in a two box system with the HE.
If it works, it will replace 7 boxes which comprise a Naim 500/300 system.

4 Likes

Doesn’t the V1 have a built-in DAC?