NEW! Uniti Atom Headphone Edition – and streaming pre-amp!

I had that option but since I had an ND555 I used the V1 as an amp only.

Were you able to ascertain if the output could be fixed?

Thanks. Your experience wih HE is similar with most things I have read about it. I have ordered a HE already, but was curious on how NDX2 will perform with an amp…… in comparison.

Wait for it, it’s worthwhile. Production problems are hitting a lot of electronics due to shortages. Its been more than a year and you still cannot find a Playstation 5 (talk about a large company with massive production capacity).

You’ll be glad you did.

The front end of the HE isn’t in the same class as the NDX-2 but it can perform well enough that you won’t be disappointed with it. Focus on the music and not SQ and you will be very happy with it.
IMO, headphone listening with the HE is better than the SN3/NDX-2 combination. The HE has a really good headphone amp and provides a terrific listening experience.

5 Likes

Good news leatherneck, patience :slight_smile: I also found HE as magical in some way, dragged into the music.
Also agree in that the headamp. in SN3, good as it is and even with a NDX2 fronted, is not as balanced as HE.

S

Whats your favorite headphone for the HE? I always read the Focal Utopia are a really nice combination. Even so they are pricey. Did somebody check the less expensive cans from Focal? Is there a big difference to the utopia`?

I know @Kryptos is enjoying the Uniti Atom HE with Focal’s latest headphones…

1 Like

As @Naim.Marketing is saying I am using the Celestee and the Clear MG.

They sound stunning to my ears with the Atom HE.

I’d say give them a listen. That’s the only way to know for sure.

That said I cannot comment on how they compare to the Utopia as I very consciously avoided trying them out. To keep the upgrade sickness at bay, you know.

5 Likes

I don’t recall, it’s been a month or two since I moved on from my demo. I don’t believe it was possible to set as fixed though. I have a recollection that I had to manually set the volume on the Atom HE to a high output to use as only a DAC/Streamer into a preamp; it was not an option (that I recall) to set the output as fixed to use into an outboard preamp.

1 Like

OK thanks. I guess its not available as no-one here has said. It would be nice to get my hands on one to demo but I can’t find a dealer in the UK that has one.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Something like the A/V mode for analog inputs? (Which assumes there’s a pre with volume control before the box?)

Haven’t seen anything like this for digital inputs/general setting on either Atom (without HE)/Nova.

Happy days, finally arrived
Very happy

17 Likes

No, there isn’t a bypass and all analogue inputs going through A/D and D/A.

Tone Audio magazine put a teaser on their Atom HE review in the latest issue. That will be an interesting review in the next issue!

1 Like

Indeed, I noticed in their current edition.

Have you already tried it with a Nap 200?

I’m negotiating it with my wife and the conditions are that I need to trade in quite some stuff. I can’t part from my 72/hi/140 yet!

I did use a NAP200 with my Atom, but built a Purifi EVAL1 after that. The latter amp is now behind my Atom HE. Haven’t looked back since, but I must admit that I am curious what a NAP250 or even a NAP300 will do behind the HE. If I come across one of these preloved and for a decent price, I might try it.

1 Like

Has anybody listened yet to an Atom HE with a Nap 250? I have a Nova with a Nap 250 but am considering trading the Nova in against the Atom
HE to get better headphone performance but only if the Atom preamp is similar to, or betters, the Nova pre-amp. What do people think please

1 Like

I’ve asked a similar question a few times but no one seems to be able to give any advice on it. I’d like to know this also.

1 Like

There was another thread , or maybe even this one. A member compared the bare 272 vs atom HE into 250 dr. He found the 272 better overall.
The bare 272 is at the level of the 202. So the Atom HE should be somewhere between 112 and 202, as preamp. Not ideal to run a 250 dr.

1 Like