NEW! Uniti Atom Headphone Edition – and streaming pre-amp!

Ok, how good new Atom HE is comparing to nd5xs2?

Might take the plunge with NAP100 … any idea when my local will have stock? (Acoustica Chester)

I am guessing the reply will be ‘…go get a demo at your dealer…’.

Time for Clare to clock off I would have thought.

2 Likes

Main reason I got them. And I rarely use bluetooth myself (hence only finding out last week), but it just seemed a very strange regression as I would expect Naim to offer any input in high quality and the first gen did have it. Also I would expect it to be a popular input.

But again, not really a problem for me personally. Just curious as it seemed very strange.

Understand.

They’d know better than me! Some stock has already gone to dealers whom pre-ordered.

1 Like

Ok will give them a bell tomorrow. Atom v Atom HE+NAP comparison planned … will report back in due course!

4 Likes

Always fun with news! :smiley: A little fun also that it was possible to read about it in the latest issue of Hifi and Music here in Sweden already the day before yesterday… :laughing:

Pricewise the Atom HE + NAP 100 is very close to a Star. Perhaps a better comparison?

I would be interested this

Well well well, this has made me nervous about my recent $20k plus spend.

Harry hold the phone! :grin:

2 Likes

For those interested, there appears to be a new headphone amp on the Signals website.

Product launch under the radar.

There’s already a very lively thread for this in the streaming section.

There is already a thread running on the Atom HE.

Beat me to it Stickboy85.

Get away :0)

Many thanks to the eagle eyed forum members - perhaps Richard can close this thread

@Richard.Dane Will merge, I am sure!

1 Like

Threads merged.

1 Like

I think it is an interesting little box especially for use in a simple system with active speakers but as always better try it before declaring it.

Thanks Ian… yes, “minimalist” is likely more appropriate than “modest”! I read all the x vs y threads with interest, and it is interesting how many people confirm that all the bits are good (and more than “good enough”!) no matter which system the opt for in the end. I think the ClearAudio plays really well through the Nova.

Apropos this topic, I think the Atom is a great product (I have one, partnered with Kudos X2 that I’m really enjoying at our home abroad right now) and think that the Headphone Edition is a genius concept: really clever, and definitely an outside the boxes idea.

Regards alan

ps - I also enjoy your system photos!!

3 Likes