New VTuner / Internet Radio update

Hi Paul,

It’s:
http://www.rte.ie/manifests/2xm.m3u8

It’s an HLS AAC so may not work on some systems.

Best

Steve

You are absolutely right. Does not play on mine - at least through Serviio.

Hi Steve,

there are some problems with austrian radio station Welle1 music radio on my Atom, also now.
No one Welle1 station could be connected anymore for few days.

Is there an procedure for such cases? A ticket (109427) has been already created.

Thanks and Regards,
Jurek

Hi @GF21

I’ve just informed VTuner. Should be sorted shortly.

Best regards

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

Hi Steve,

thank you for your quick response and your help.
I also sent an email to vtuner, the stations seem to work again there but for any reason still not with my Atom now. We will see.

Best regards,
GF

Hi @GF21

VTuner got back to me that they were on the case, so hopefully by Monday it should be sorted. I’ll keep an eye on it.

Best wishes

Steve

Hi @GF21

VTuner have now updated the database for the full Welle1 network - I’ve tried them all here on an Atom and they are all playing as expected.

Best regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

just checked, works also here :slight_smile:.

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,
GF

Hi Steve,

the same situation today as last week: Welle 1 stations not connectable in Atom and not visible on naim.vtuner.com, but connectable on vtuner.com.

Could you please check it again? Thank you.

Best Regards,
GF21

Hi @GF21

I wrote to VTuner last night as it seems they have accidentally applied an old database image to our vtuner instance. Various stuff has reverted back to old links.

Should be sorted shortly. Apologies for the inconvenience,

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

thank you for your quick reply, I really appreciate it.

Regards,
GF

HI @GF21

All is back to normal again at VTuner. Those stations are playing ok now

Regards

Steve

@Stevesky any chance of getting them to fix Pirate FM again.
It was down as url had changed, that was fixed but now it’s gone again… same sympoms as the welle stations, app just hangs on connecting (ipad) or pending (android) go to the vtuner web site and it plays.

Thanks
Graham

Hi @GrahamK

Vtuner are slowly rebuilding things. There has been an IT issue on their side and various changes have got wiped out with old data. Should be sorted by Tuesday.

Regards

Steve

1 Like

Hi Steve,

thanks for your help.

Does vtuner have for each customer (Naim, Pioneer…) its own instance with its own database?

Regards,
GF

Hi @GrahamK

Pirate FM and other related stations are now working again.

@GF21 - VTuner customers who have lots of units (we have 100000’s) have dedicated servers that run a unique instance of VTuner. We also have various customisations like the BBC Radio Network, Public stations view, Naim’s Choice, Hidef Radio etc etc.

Best regards

Steve

1 Like

Hi @Stevesky

Pirate FM working again now, thanks for your help.

Hi Stevesky
My partner is Spanish and has in the past enjoyed listening to the national station, RNE and RNE - Radio 3. Since the “upgrade” my favourites for these broadcasts will only play for about 10 seconds. I’ve tried deleting & re-selecting, they appear in the location internet radio options, they are in v.tuner, but whatever route I choose I get the same result.
Can help turn my life back to domestic bliss (or point me in the right direction?)
Thanks

Hi @ashawuk

RNE recently moved to HLS only streams and this is causing issues on some products as they are an unusual variant. I’ve seen some MP3 streams but I think they are unofficial variants.

Could you let us know what product you are using and I’ll see if we can find a stream that will get you going.

Best

Steve

Something really strange is happening on my nd555 this morning. I am trying to play bbc world service live stream. When I choose the stream the stream is totally garbled like a cd that cannot be read by the lacer. If I on the other hand find the same stream on my muso qb original version it sound ok and I can multiroom the stream to the nd555.
The nd555 is on beta firmware and beta ios app. I have not tried with the regular release app yet.
Claus