Newbie hello

Isn’t Tidal Hifi at 19.99? It is in euros

Great thanks again.

My plan here is to get it as right as I can and then sit back to be honest. I just want to enjoy a crafted system.

I’m fairly minimalist in taste; hence the all-in-one. Some of you have interconnects worth more than my entire rig, I’m a bit in awe!

I’ll be moving my blu-ray player in with the Nova and adding a telly in 6-12 months then probably done for a good while.

Rather hoping the Nova will last me for ten years or more.

£19.99 in the UK

So you were right. Edit. Well 4 not 5, but good enough

So apparently these are the prices. I have no clue how to subscribe to Qobuz for that cheap. Even getting them through Apple Appstore, there is a significant difference. Thieves. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Yes, I know. And Tidal Hifi is £19.99, so £4 more. elverdiblanco had said that Qobuz is £5 less than Tidal, close enough.

Edit: Apparently I am bad at math today. It’s 5 after all :joy:

I started with the Nova too. Hope you’ll love your system. It’s as good as a decent starter separate for around the same price. Plus there is a screen and super easy to use interface and a beautiful design. When you just look at it, you say wow. Every time. It’s a high-quality product. And a brilliant one. :blush: Let us know your first thoughts and any difference if you notice after a while in sound. I would say your ears need time to get to used to the superior, and you don’t hear the burn in difference, as you’re in shock every time you listen something new on it. Especially if it’s your first hi-fi system like in my case. :yum:

I would get one or two decent REL subwoofer connected on a high level input, rather than spending on power cable or conditioner or regenerator.

Hi
Enjoy your new system and all the new music you will now find

Thanks.

You are dead right that my ears need to get used to it. I can now understand that, yes, a difference in a cable could be audible on a system like this - the quality of it exposes areas I’ve not noticed before. It does remind me very much of my journey with photography - starting with entry-level kit and some enthusiasm, you slowly learn what you don’t know and realise there is so much more on the top end.

I’m hoping my Spendor A7s, when they arrive through this snow (!), should give me enough bass for most situations - even movies. I may add a sub down the line but not before I get a telly, and that won’t happen until the little beasts stop smearing everything with bodily fluids.

It was Naim who said allow 100 Hrs + or -, actually mine has taken a sizeable jump forward today in terms of musicality. The “edge” I was referring to is a slight sibilance on vocals and a hardening at high volumes early on, I think to do with the fact that I have all new components breaking in at different stages (i.e. Nova, P10, Aria, NAP250, Morgana’s & Phantoms). Every day or two I notice a progression in smoothness, lower noise floor and overall SQ (i.e. not back & forth like the early stages of burn-in) so think I may be approaching the final lap. :slight_smile:

Don’t Apple just add 30% on to the price? I’d guess that Qobuz from the Apple app store is £18.99 or close to that for Studio Premier? (assuming Qobuz is re-sold through the Apple store?) Proudly Apple-free in this house so wouldn’t know for sure :slight_smile:

You simply sign up on the Qobuz website. £14.99 a month or one off £150 for a year. The App Store isn’t relevant.

1 Like

I have to admit that I was a bit confused when a post had the price and he said he didn’t know how to subscribe so cheap. Do Apple users think everything has to be bought from their app store? :wink:

Welcome KaeruJim and Congratulations on your new kit.
Its a great community here with a lot of friendly knowledgeable people. I joined a little over a year ago and very pleased I did.

1 Like

You are not alone

Yes it’s cost me a fortune already but great advice!

I started out wanting a Cambridge amp and network streamer with some EVO 4.4s, and browsing here has led me into the hurt locker.

Really hoping those A7s get to me through the weather tomorrow, would be fantastic to have some proper demo time this weekend and chalk some breaking-in hours off!

Anyone have a favourite demo track suggestion for me to try out…? Always like to try something new.

Welcome. I have Spendor A4’s and a Supernait2. Amazing synergy to my clothears.

North Yorkshire is hardly the Antarctic! It’s only snow.

Enjoy your new Nova, I’m loving mine! Welcome to the Naim madhouse… let us know how the Spendors sound. That’s once you’ve finished the port and listened to Thom Yorke on repeat :stuck_out_tongue:
Oh… and Qobuz is a treat

Well, comedy start for me as per - the display has gone funny after 3 short uses, not an auspicious start. Sound-wise it’s hard to get a real grip of it at the moment because a) limited listening time and b) I know the components are still burning in. It sounds great, but I need to get the speakers positioned right - struggling to get them as far away from back wall as I’d like, and they definitely appreciated some toe-in in my room.

It seems a little bright for my taste right now but I expect that will lessen with some time - at the moment the presentation is a little top-and-bottom heavy (whilst still being excellent)…

It’s strange, I’m listening to tracks I’m extremely familiar with, and hearing not just more detail, but a different presentation. Hard to put my finger on but it’s all very nice.

Be ace if I can get my screen working too! Oh well. (I have raised a ticket with Naim by the way - I know some people had issues with previous firmware updates but at this point I suspect the display is just faulty).