Nice Photos

11 Likes

23 Likes

The two best cities in this world.

I’m not sure I agree with that. Very photogenic though…

After your two best cities…

Well, London, of course. I’ve always rather liked Vancouver, too. Plus, there is nowhere more spectacular than Hong Kong - though I wouldn’t recommend it right now. I’ll never visit Venice (I have a pathological hatred of being ripped off, and nowhere does it more blatantly), but NY truly is the city that never sleeps. I’ve been very lucky - the life of a long-haul pilot offers almost limitless opportunities to see the world (albeit, often briefly) but at the cost of far too many nights out of bed while my passengers sleep. Nothing comes for free…

3 Likes

Landing in London City Airport by night is spectacular.

2 Likes

I had a spectacular takeoff there a few weeks ago. The pilot kept the plane on break much longer than normal before releasing and it took max half the runway to steeply take off.

1 Like

Beautiful! I biked the Tre Cime a few years ago - very steep for the last couple of kilometers … There was a guy walking almost as fast as we were riding … Beautiful area, also at the lake close by (of which I’ve now forgotten the name).

1 Like

Like the toy planes with a rubber band. Taken off many times from there and the g force when they wind that thing up and let the brake go is a real buzz.

1 Like

Vancouver is a brilliant place. Unfortunately, like many other places, the prices of real estate have become prohibitively expensive, effectively limiting any real chances of settling down there.

2 Likes

Are you back in Sidmouth again?

Could it be Lago di Braies?

The beach at Bournemouth, Dorset on a glorious day last Wednesday. I was hoping to contribute to the ‘sunset’ thread with something from this visit also but the iPhone power ran out. Bad planning!

5 Likes

There’s just something irresistible about the afterglow of a Nairn sunset.

Cheers,

Ian

25 Likes

Soft Blue

6 Likes

I took this a few years ago, seals at Blakeney Point, Norfolk.

Canon 10D with Canon 70-200mm f2.8 lens

8 Likes

In Cornwall this week on business couple of shots

12 Likes

Lovely lighting in this picture. Unfortunately every time I see deer under some trees I start to hear “Fenton, Fenton!, FENTON!!”

3 Likes

Fortunately there were no dogs there!