Nice Photos

Ceilings

20 Likes

Excellent.

Be honest, a one off or one of a burst?

The more you look at it the better it gets. The horse’s head becomes ever more serene and all knowing within the action and a complete contrast to the rider, and there’s also a sort of weird vanishing point that the horse is exploding out of.

Maybe chop the left gate to make it square and to give it something to fall into, but I guess the aim/context is getting through the gate.

Really good. Love it.

1 Like

Looks good. Burleigh?

Apologies to the op but a quick edit as suggested gives

Not sure it adds anything and loses some context?

2 Likes

Neigh, neigh. Chop the entire left side Mr. Wilkes. No gate at all on’t left hand side but keep right hand one.

Then it looks unbalanced to my eyes. Nice to have the gate to frame the pose.

2 Likes

Coming onto you like an avenging horseman of the apocalypse. Practically about to fall on top of you. Needs to be blown up to about 10’ by 10’ and above a mantle piece.

Apologies Jamie, as it’s not my image.

4 Likes

Defo needs to stay as originally made, otherwise it loses context and the wide angle doesn’t lend itself to a crop.

Apart from when some plumb inserts himself in the shot.

3 Likes

Deja vu?

Proper Wide

Even the kid thinks so…

11 Likes

Keeping with the watery theme - Cast Adrift

Cheers,

Ian

18 Likes

…ooh

…ooooh

Oh!

Ah…

14 Likes

Touchdown

10 Likes

Just nipped over the border from Kent to East Sussex. On the hill is Hogg Hill Mill at Icklesham where some great albums have been recorded.

6 Likes

My Bonne Maman always said to “bet on the gray horse.”

Belgrade walls

11 Likes

I bet on a horse in the Grand National called ‘Roll a Joint” because of its great name, and the idea of BBC commentators having to repeat it over and over again should it do well. I think it was grey.
But it certainly didn’t do well. I think it may only have had three legs.

Edit: I just looked it up, and it didn’t make the first turn, with tragic consequences. Funny name or not, no animal deserves that.

3 Likes

Ryde pier with Portsmouth in the far distance

5 Likes

Cross Here…

I’ll say. She was absolutely livid!

7 Likes

I think this crop is about right, with some extra edits. Added a bit of movement too.

7 Likes

Well, despite the various changes suggested by a number of recognised experts on the Forum, I still prefer Jamie’s original.

But i’m no expert in photography, it’s just sometimes I like what I see and at other times I don’t.

5 Likes