Nice Photos

With this image, cropping depends on the end size use. The bigger the print, the more background around the subject is needed. Mine is balanced for screens and pictures of up to 16" or so.

I spent less than 5 mins on this image and the movement added is a bit much for me. I would reduce it slightly and fade/remove it from the rear legs (as I like to see the water splashing).

The ropes definitely need to go, as does the mess on the back right.

It would be interesting to play with a raw file, as the sky and even features on the nose are bleached out. I actually brought highlight details back if you look close, but there was not a lot of detail to play with. All a bit of fun.

Going to disagree with you on all of that! Except the ropes perhaps, which have come out of some of my own pics but even then, they’re part of the event being documented.

Given this is an image recording an event, a moment in time, I prefer a balance between (what I feel is) a strong sporting image and displaying the whole, warts and all, with limited fakery.

10 Likes

You can’t disagree with me, because the little I’ve said is undisagreeable. If I have 5 million to play with, I’ll come to you. If you want to sell an image, come to me😎

1 Like

On line delivery

10 Likes

No1 son , picture taken by his girlfriend

14 Likes

A few from Bunkfest in Wallingford, first time I’ve been to the festival, looking forward to next year now.

Bunkfest 2022 by Chris Haigh, on Flickr

Bunkfest 020a by Chris Haigh, on Flickr

And a Avro Lancaster did a fly past

Lancaster by Chris Haigh, on Flickr

More on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Chris

9 Likes

I live locally and used to live in Wallingford itself. Bunkfest is great even if you are not in the Folk genre to begin with and the town also does a fair in the autumn and a Victorian night around Christmas. We also used to have band playing in the castle grounds/ruins. Like many places it has a lot of charity shop/coffee/shop/estate agents but there are some interesting shops and it’s a pretty and friendly place.

When I say Folk, I should also add jazz.

Just walking past this beautiful face in the Lake District right now. Nice Photos as they happen.

20 Likes

Holyrood.

G

17 Likes

She’s gorgeous!:sunglasses:

1 Like

First caterpillar of the season, examining my running shoes and trying to figure out how many pairs to order for himself.

8 Likes

…he’s just glad he’s not a centipede or millipede :joy:

3 Likes

Outward bound

11 Likes

Brick Expressionism

18 Likes

North Wales? Model Siabod? Looks very familiar…

The crystal clear Mediterranean Sea off the north western shore of Crete.

17 Likes

Yes .
well spotted , he studied at Bangor uni
Spent many happy hours exploring Snowdonia in his free time ,
Beautiful part of the world

1 Like

I love that, looks like a lot of fun :star_struck:

7 Likes

A small waterfall on the burn that flows from St. Mary’s Well, near Culloden Battlefield.

Cheers,

Ian

20 Likes