Wow! Stunning pic

1 Like

Another Liverpool photo from last weekend

33 Likes

That’s a fabulous photograph :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Street life

11 Likes

Dare I offer up a shot or 2 from the Galloway Trail shot a few years ago…?

The Kites were cavorting in the sky at a feeding station. The Squirrel lost a little depth, but it was a very long way away…

6 Likes

…and a perfect sunset from my parents living room.

3 Likes

Did the squirrel survive?

Kites are 100% Carrion eaters, with a little invertebrates when necessary. They haven’t got the equipment to kill a squirrel Pete😂

1 Like

Not 100%. Known to take small mammals as well on occasion!

Both the black and red kites by me take voles from our field on a regular basis. I think it must depend on local habitat. Kites are meant to be summer visitors even here in France but a pair of black kites were circling the day before yesterday.

Wrong thread, Steve @Steve_S !

1 Like

Thanks @anon10403888, removed to correct thread!

1 Like

Just found 376 pictures on one of my SD cards, that I took in 2018.
One of them was the picture below…

10 Likes

Not one of mine😉

Earth ‘setting’ behind The Moon, viewed from the far side by the Orion space vehicle.

9 Likes

Bubwith floodplain North Yorkshire, this morning.

steve

8 Likes

Journey’s End. Fabulous day and great walk aside from the little matter of Lady BC misreading the tide times so having to wade the creek a couple of times - once thigh deep. Now chilling/warming with a top pint of Adnams Old.

10 Likes

It has rained rather a lot in Cornwall recently so I have retreated to the computer & re-processed some shots I took on a long walk the morning before we flew home from New York in September 2007.

As I hope you can see, the weather was a bit better than here for the past several weeks!

11 Likes

A couple more from New York 2007 :-

11 Likes

I can just make out my old office on Park between 48th and 49th Streets. Almost opposite the Waldorf and St Bart’s. I was on the 8th floor but you could still sometimes hear the diesel passenger trains heading up the island in the box tunnel under the Avenue.

2 Likes

A couple from Nice yesterday.

Cathédrale Sainte Réparte

20 Likes