Nice Photos

“Smokies” for your tea Graeme? :fishing_pole_and_fish: :yum:

4 Likes

Super shot Jamie.

1 Like

Has fabulous acoustics, great venue. Last there on New Years Eve but always happy to go to a gig in sympathy hall.

1 Like

I always enjoy shooting the local ocean swim race events, and good to see them back underway after the C - last weekends race event ( there is another one tomorrow)

and then truly in the spirit of the nice photos thread - great to see this elderly lady still participating

6 Likes

I thought the northern beaches were shut due to a shark sightings (apparently attacked a dolphin) at Shelly Beach - Manly. They might still be closed tomorrow.

Thanks Pete - hadn’t heard that - but can now see in the news that Manly to Queenscliff beaches are closed - shame because the Manly surf open is on this weekend- apparently multiple sharks spotted this morning. Swim race tomorrow is Warriewood and Mona Vale - so hopefully ok

Not the best photo but a meaningful one. My 17 year old on bass making his debut at Night and Day cafe in Manchester. I now feel old.

24 Likes

Easy Tiger…

6 Likes

From a walk out today; Loch Killin, Near Fort Augustus, Scotland.

Cheers,

Ian

39 Likes

Glorious Ian, thank you.

1 Like

Ice bird

15 Likes

Bologna rossa-

16 Likes

Lived there for a bit in the 80’s & early 90’s. Wonderful memories.

G

1 Like

We were there in June.
Found the city to be our least pleasant stop on our trip.
Noisy, dirty and we caught Covid there too.
Not exactly a highlight of our Italian adventure.
Florence & Verona on the other hand were wonderful and we would go back to them tomorrow. (and are, but not tomorrow) :blush:
NB. There is a side conversation going on between Mrs QS & I regarding the purchase of a small property in the Tuscan hills outside Florence… :crossed_fingers:t4:

If we are adding Italian sunshine on this cold day….

Taken back in September

10 Likes

Pisa’s famous tower. We climbed it in the middle of the day when it was 38 degrees outside. Surprisingly cool inside though. The view from the top was amazing.

Florence is my new favourite European City…

6 Likes

Where is the obligatory person trying to stop the tower from falling over?

2 Likes

I took several for other people, including a rather lovely Polish couple who were totally incapable of taking instructions :rofl:
We decided it wasn’t necessary for us to join the herd, so to speak :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

When one sees the tower in a general photo like that, it’s got to go over one day. That angle is ridiculous.

The support frame inside means it will never topple now🙂
My son told me the other day that it’s angle has actually reduced recently, although I haven’t researched that myself so can’t comment…
EDIT
Apparently it’s current lean is 3.99 degrees, but it has been as bad as 5.5 degrees🤷🏻‍♂️

1 Like