Nice Photos

G

30 Likes

Crashing waves and bands of colour on the sea made for an interesting sunset the other night.

Cheers,

Ian

29 Likes

My favourite bridge, and photographed by me some 50 years ago when I worked in Edinburgh…
Looked better in those days as it did not have the bright colour.
Looks better in black and white.

2 Likes

Bit of walking yesterday and today.

14 Likes

Mount Teide taken this morning from La Gomera. Teide must be about 35 miles away.

13 Likes

Lost Horizon

9 Likes

Iconic mudflat wader caught in flight, the Curlew, on Sunday afternoon.

35 Likes

Great shot right there Simon.

5 Likes

Nice photo. Great skill.

1 Like

Abel Tasman park, New Zealand

16 Likes

A haven in the arctic circle

6 Likes

Great part of the world IDAK

Been there lots but not recently

Time for a visit :+1:

2 Likes

A tangent, but this is a bit of a p*sser.

…thanks for the link. It has been awhile since I visited the site. Hopefully everyone affiliated with the site lands on their feet. I used to frequent the site years ago. Like everything else life moves on…

That’s very disappointing indeed.

2 Likes

Indeed I noticed that, a shame indeed, after 25 years. It appears Amazon (DPReview’s parent) are definitely cutting back on costs and none core activities… the times are a changing.

2 Likes

From the New York Times. “Amazon plans to lay off 9,000 corporate and tech workers by the end of April, adding to the 18,000 roles it already cut late last year and this January, Andy Jassy, the company’s chief executive, said in a note to employees on Monday.”

From Amazon CEO Andy Jassy “As we’ve just concluded the second phase of our operating plan (“OP2”) this past week, I’m writing to share that we intend to eliminate about 9,000 more positions in the next few weeks—mostly in AWS, PXT, Advertising, and Twitch. This was a difficult decision, but one that we think is best for the company long term.”

Yeah, those “difficult” decisions never seemed that difficult at the organizations I worked at. One company used to routinely do it between Thanksgiving and Christmas…we used to sarcastically call it the “Christmas bonus.”

A couple of our neighbour’s restored old trucks at the back of our section at sunset.

14 Likes