Nice Photos

Big world at Grassmere,

7 Likes

Sheeps at Rydal.

11 Likes

Happy Star Wars Day :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I have been taking a series of pictures within the City of London for a project and this one I find quite striking - a collage of architecture styles through the ages - circling around church and burial ground greenery of St Botolph Without Aldgate - where the Tudor rebels were buried.

12 Likes

19 Likes

The beautiful Almudena in Madrid.

2 Likes

Moonlight over & under the backyard. 10:15 CET.

2 Likes

Yes.

Visited a few weeks ago.

1 Like

Spring has arrived in The Rockies here in Canmore Alberta Canada.

31 Likes

Love the colour of the water, was lucky enough to visit a few years ago. Beautiful place.

1 Like

Isle of Skye skyline.

Cheers,

Ian

34 Likes

We’re lucky to live an hour and a half from here. The water was some kind of sulphur pool, looked nice but was pretty stinky haha. Heard the bears were now out but we didn’t see any, and we had spray with us just in case…

We only ran into one bear but ran to a lot of Aussies that are working there. One stage I thought was still at home.:grin:

Ha, sounds like Whistler where I used to frequent when I lived in the area. We used to say “Whistla” in an Australian accent because there were so many Aussies working there.

It was indeed there wasn’t one place we stayed in BC that didn’t have at least one Aussie working somewhere, usually in the bars.

1 Like

This was hiking in the Lake O’Hara area a few years ago.

10 Likes

Lake O’Hara area again, same trip.
We spent a few nights at the Lake O’Hara campsite and did day hikes to each of the surrounding lakes.

5 Likes

Sandy’s post above showing Canmore in Spring prompted me to look back over a few photos.

We are extremely fortunate to be invited a couple of times each year, to stay with our daughter’s in-laws. They live in Canmore and we have spent the past 25 years or so sharing day-hikes and week-long back-packs in the Rockies.

1 Like

It’s certainly a beautiful part of the world, however I’m not sure how I’d cope with cold.

Yes ! we’ve had a few nights under canvas in the winter, but even in August we have had heavy snowfall and temperatures well below freezing in Canmore, even more so in the mountains.

At other times, especially in the Okanagan Valley, summer temps can be well above 30 degC

1 Like