Nice Photos

View from the memorial arch, Port Sunlight, Wirral (still light at 22:13!)

12 Likes

Good Morning Cocoa Beach…

11 Likes

Waiting for the Sun. Walking the Pembrokeshire Coast path. Gonna be a long long time.

14 Likes

A wonderful sunset the other night up here; and bumped into @ewemon on the beach, taking shots too.

Starter

Main

Dessert

Cheers,

Ian

37 Likes

For your first one.

2 Likes

From the same evening as Ian’s

25 Likes

That top photo brings back memories of Bruges.
Not good memories, memories of extremely painful indigestion.
Snacking on fries/mayonnaise and waffles/strawberries isn’t a great idea. :blush:

1 Like

Moraine Lake in Alberta Canada. Pretty famous viewpoint which was featured on the back of the Canadian 20 dollar bill in 1969 and 1979.

37 Likes

Nice, here’s one of mine from quite a few years ago. I hear access is restricted to the lake these days.

Tim

17 Likes

Space Needle from Chihuly Glass Garden, Seattle WA.

16 Likes

Yes, you aren’t allowed to drive up to the lake anymore unless you are staying at one of the cabins which are around $1000 a night! You have to book one of the bus tours which are $40 return or you can ride a bike uphill for 14km’s if you’re feeling energetic. This place is pretty popular, I can only imagine how much of a zoo it would be if cars were allowed to drive up to fight for a parking spot! Heard you had to go at 3:00 AM to find one before they decided enough was enough.

1 Like

You can also pre-book one of the park shuttle buses for $8.00 or parking is $21.00 for the day by Lake Louise, but you’ll need to be there before 7:15am to secure a spot. Then it’s a fairly long hike (28km return).

The $8.00 bus shuttles are great but the AM slots are already all booked up until next summer! We did a bunch of hiking (20k) around Lake Louise the day before so weren’t about to walk another 28k to get there the next day.

And Goodnight Cromer…

26 Likes

I hear that lake maligne offers similar experiences but with less crowds. This was taken in 2021 by the significant other. She also had a close encounter.

22 Likes

Night night

11 Likes

Childhood memories of the pier. Is there still an aviary full of budgies?

Not that I noticed. Though admittedly I didn’t look…

Jasper is generally less crowded than Banff but still pretty busy in summer. I’d love to see Spirit Island in Maligne Lake one day as it looks spectacular. Only way to get to that spot is kayaking for hours or taking a tour boat though. You are not allowed to walk on Spirit Island as it is considered a sacred island to the native people.

I know it’s been a while since I’ve driven up to the lake but $40 for a bus ride, wow things have changed. All of the tourist hot spots were once lovely when I moved to Edmonton late 2005. We used to go out to Jasper and stay at Tekarra Lodge a couple of times a year and it was quite idyllic. Banff was also nice but even then it was best to avoid the summer months. Our favourite time was around the end of March, very scenic, quite a few restaurants open and always something going on at the Banff Centre. One time in Banff it was so crowded I got stuck in traffic for about 90 minutes so decided to abort the visit and instead found a nice place to walk down by the Spray Valley on the way back towards Canmore.

In later years we found that there was some sort of event going on in Jasper every weekend and once on a rainy May weekend I counted 43 RV’s parked along the main street all for a cycling event.

What with restrictions, wildfires and an ever increasing population it became as crowded as England. Events in Edmonton, such as the folk fest where it used to be quite easy to get a weekend ticket are now sold out in minutes. Other festivals have also gotten very popular where tickets are hard to come by.

Oh well, moan over! I’m enjoying my life back in England.

Tim

3 Likes