Nice Photos

Same place, ONLY LOUDER!

3 Likes

On its way to Ukraine?

No, just HareDefender 23

Sadly most things have gone downhill since the 2000’s it seems. Just watching the news and discovered some people are paying $8000 for a ticket to Taylor Swift. Maybe $40 to see Moraine is a bargain after all!

The North coast of Scotland is absolutely stunning also pretty much deserted ,quiet roads, Can compete with anywhere in the world for scenery.
Plus the most ferocious beasts alive ,The Scottish Midge!!!

25 Likes

Banksy

10 Likes

“My heart’s in the Highlands”.I was learning this song by heart(pardon it)when I was at school in the first seventies while learning Divina Commedia by Dante Alighieri.

Following the thread from you, @Sandy8 and @Nobby_Clarke as well as previous posts it seems as if my favourite mountain haunts are getting as overwhelmed by tourists as so many other places. I was hoping to go back soon. Perhaps I’d better not. Best to leave those memories intact.

So many places are over-visited. Looks like a week in Grimsby for the Calamity family this summer!

Could be worse. Could be Hull

1 Like

Or Withernsea

1 Like

Tease.

4 Likes

Nice empty beach, looks ideal!

1 Like

Even emptier later on.

Sometimes you just have to sit down and contemplate stuff.

19 Likes

Whether by luck, or design, this little chap has legs just long enough to avoid being spiked.

Cheers,

Ian

10 Likes

No sitting down on the job though!

1 Like

I love sitting on the beach at Hayling Island when there is hardly anyone around. It was windy and the tide was coming in, and the only signs of life were gulls, a few windsurfers and a couple of detectorists.

4 Likes

A final postcard from Cromer.

20 Likes

Problem here is that the summer season in the mountains is really short so everyone has to come at once. July and August are no go’s as far as Banff goes for us. Jasper is a little better but not much. This is Lake Louise on a weekday afternoon last week.

2 Likes

I remember the first time I ever visited. It was July, the Stampede was on, there were lots of tourists at Banff and the Chateau LL too but nothing like your picture. That would take the fun out of it for me. I do remember being in the area in late September 1999 too and I think Moraine Lake and Lake Louise (?) were already off limits.

Grimsby it is!

1 Like

Museum of Scotland

G

16 Likes