Nice Photos

… and probably in the 70’s😂

1 Like

Well - erm - yes.

1 Like

Worked in a pub when I was 18. Price of a pint 1/10d. About 9p.

1 Like

My cheapest pint was in 1968 in rural Dorset on a Geography field trip. 1s 6d ie 7.5p. In my home in Yorkshire it has been 1s 9d so was pleasantly surprised.

I remember those days. Double Diamond (well, just an example, OK?) was about 2/- or 2/6 and considered a bit pricey. That would be about 1967 or so.

Close ‘68. Guiness iirc was 2/6.

Preikestolen, earlier.

If you go, go early - it gets crowded!

21 Likes

Plitvicka Jezera, Croatia

20 Likes

I was today years old when I discovered that it is ‘Stavanger’ not ‘Stravanger’.
No wonder I couldn’t find it on the weather app.

I apologised via the mechanism of purchasing some very expensive beer.

17 Likes

Can’t afford the beer anymore! Obscene prices!

1 Like

Walking in South Tyrol last week.

4 Likes

This is what the sound of silence looks like.

No music or radio on. No human generated sound and at this time of a hot day, no sound from the local fauna. Bliss.

10 Likes

The second image is a real gem, Rod.

Cheers,

Ian

1 Like

Large Skipper butterfly. Possibly, the most cooperative insect I have ever come across!

Cheers,

Ian

12 Likes

Sunset, time for boaty beers.

17 Likes

Over the last two weeks, a regular sight after dark has been fields across the horizon with ‘mini suns’ in them as the farmers battled to get the harvest in late into the day, dust in the air and the lanes busy with combines and tractor/trailers.

As the harvest is almost in, despite the poor weather this August, the gentle hills of South Oxfordshire look like somewhere far away from England’s green and pleasant lands. In the weeks to come the ploughs will turn this all dark brown and with the chalk soil will come what looks like a dusting of icing sugar when viewed from a distance.

12 Likes

Solid Bass Units

20 Likes

Few from iphone on an am walk near Aurlandsvagen and Flam.

21 Likes

The view from Taverna Dialeskari (Octopus was amazing!) in Marmara during our stay in Sfakia, Crete. We rented the boat on the right. Brilliant day!

14 Likes

That’s very Wilson Benesch.

2 Likes