Nice Photos

Thank you, I think acoustic folk is particularly suited to live listening, and always enjoyable. The Scottish pipes need a lot of space to sound good.

Had a look through your flickr albums, impressive selection of images, and recognise a few places, and even photographed at some of the locations myself, (at least Ramsholt, Woodbridge and Goodwood!). I see you are using the Z9…I have a way to go to reach this peak of Nikon camera perfection.

I will try to visit Old Warden next year…before it is too late for me. The low key atmosphere was evident at the early Goodwood events, now rather sadly lost as the events have grown.

1 Like

A couple of phone pictures on one of my favourite walks this morning.

15 Likes

Out of puff now?

Snoozing by the pool. :sunglasses:

1 Like

hallelujah!

7 Likes

Sets you up for the day ahead.

17 Likes

And a Cormorant Tree in full bloom…

9 Likes

It’ a hard life

Blue Heron looking for lunch…

22 Likes

Suffolk: I keep finding more to snap at

RottingHulksSmall

25 Likes

Took the intra island passenger ferry to day for a ride and a lunch out. Lovely, as were the Morrocan Lamb Chops.

15 Likes

The sights and sounds of Lincolnshire of a Friday night.

37 Likes

Having contributed very little work to this thread, time I added a few…

I’ve been a fan of using flare on the lens from time to time so did so in Ottawa on this occasion. Hard to do with an iPhone but this was an SLR (film rather than digital).

The next one just looks like a pile of logs but it’s the Jamestown settlement in Virginia and having visited the Pocahontas memorial in Gravesend as a kid, it meant a lot to see where the story started

The third is from Dubuque County, Iowa, and is the baseball diamond from ‘The Field of Dreams’ film. The house is behind where I’m standing and the crowd proves the motto - build it, and they will come!

7 Likes

Wonderful! Is that part of the Battle of Britain Flight?

Not far away but this one belongs to the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre at East Kirkby. Interesting tale behind it all but long story short, they expect it to be flying (and taking passenegers!) in five years.

They give it a run up and taxi rides (which helps cover restoration costs) periodically and yesterday they put it out with Tony Agar’s Mosquito, another very long term project and gave them both a run.

Proper fire breathers, those inboards…

17 Likes

Mountain Lake while trail walking…

31 Likes

Stunning image. Looks like a beautiful oil painting

1 Like

Shark boat

15 Likes

A beautiful day in the Cairngorms yesterday but the ice on the summit of Cairngorm itself was a reminder that the colder weather is not too far away.

Cheers,

Ian

38 Likes

Oyster tasting today at Ile de Re (France on the Atlantic Ocean)

15 Likes