Nice Photos

Woulg give a double like for pics and retirement news!

1 Like

Here’s a presumptive ’Congratulations🥳’ on the impending retirement.
Best thing I ever did, according to my wife and my Naim Dealer…:wink:

2 Likes

Typical. After all that effort you get to the top and there’s some old bloke in the way of your photo :wink:

Seriously, looks fab!

6 Likes

Peveril Castle - Castleton
Taken from the Cave Walk trail.

13 Likes

7 Likes

Ha. It was nice to get away from the hordes of tourists doing selfies down at Bow Lake. Only people we saw up there were two girls who hiked up and a group of mountaineer types that were on the glacier with helmets and ropes.

11 Likes

Looks like a scene from the 1982 film The Thing.

1 Like

My afternoons sorted for the next 10 days.

18 Likes

Where dat den?

La Gomera.

I can relate to that. My Sunday hike was a similar distance and height gain but on reflection, probably not quite as spectacular! Beinn Eighe was looking very nice in the morning light though and the sound of the Red Deer stags bellowing as the rut begins, never fails to stir me; I didn’t see a soul all day either.

Cheers,

Ian

16 Likes

Ah, the dogs…

1 Like

Beautiful place Sandy.

Num-Ti-Jah Lodge in the valley just off the Icefields Parkway.

We’ve walked up to the base of the Bow Glacier Falls a few times. But not to your viewpoint.

Great picture.

Glad you had a nice day out Ian. I don’t know Scotland at all but that looks pretty remote. I’m trying to do these hikes while I still can, at 62 I’m not sure how much longer I’ll be attempting the all day hikes!

1 Like

We did the walk to the falls a few months ago and it was a nice day out. There was a rock fall there recently and someone got hurt running away when the “avalanche” started! Iceberg Lake is directly above the falls actually, and the source of the Bow River is the Wapta Glacier above that. Couldn’t resist standing under the edge of it, even though I was getting rained on while doing it.

4 Likes

I’ll be 57 soon and know what you mean. A couple of health niggles have impacted me over the last two years or so. But, I keep plugging away because I love being out in these remote places. You’re right though; at some point, I think it’s inevitable I will have to scale things back a bit.

2 Likes

Know the area well, The Ramblers in Edale does a nice refreshing pint after dropping down from Mam Tor.

2 Likes

I’ve looked hard, but I don’t see King Kong!

Turned out Chili!

14 Likes

I’m sure they could make that car a bit longer if they tried a bit harder. Daft!!