Nice Photos

Nice job to have.

Sounded a bit lumpy tbf…:wink:

1 Like

Pilot’s stomach :wink:

They sound like a faulty combine harvester at the best of times!

Only 6 months of the AH-64D left now, E models will be the only U.K. Apaches from April if all goes to plan. They sound slightly different, especially at engine start.

3 Likes

Really? What they doing with them all then?

Most have, over the last few years, been converted to E models in the States. The remaining aircraft…? Still up in the air! (Sorry)

I’d expect some to end up in museums.

1 Like

Could just about squeeze one on my driveway if the price is right.

1 Like

Or send one over to Duxford next weekend.

No official display Apache for a while now. There wasn’t even an Apache air display at the Wattisham Families Day, incredibly.

We had a display of three Apaches a few days ago here at Chulmleigh - they flew low over our house going East, then later in the day flew low going West, and similarly for the text couple of days. Very low, very loud. No idea what they were doing.

1 Like

Unless we go to war, three Apaches together will usually be on a training flight, or maybe a ferry flight, of some sort.

One on its own could be as above, or flight testing.

I imagine it was a training flight. We occasionally get military aircraft flying over us, including Chinooks, which are very loud.

2 Likes

I live less than a mile from Wattisham runway, so I know what you mean.
We had some Wildcats here this week. So quiet and smooth!

16 Likes

An unexpected sunny surge in Devon this weekend….

16 Likes

….and a warm sunset

15 Likes

Peachy pitch

Imgur

12 Likes

Is that Dartmouth?

That would make a cool album cover…

Looks like Salcombe.

Perhaps I should have solicited it to Mr Waters, although I wouldn’t necessarily want to be associated. Haven’t read the small print but I assume that anything posted here becomes public (or claimed by whomever owns the site).