Nice Photos

Like a battle scene! Terrific.

G

1 Like

Thank you, Graeme; coming from you, I take that as a welcome compliment.

1 Like

Thank you, Fabio.

Cheers, Christopher.

I like this rugby picture I took some years ago, found it today while tidying a hard drive.

22 Likes

When Prince (or possibly the artist formally known as Prince) was playing in Nice, his ‘people’ had booked a chunk of the Negresco for them to stay at.

Prince went in and upstairs walked into his suite, and came straight back down and said:
“I don’t think so.”

Whereupon someone, presumably rather stressed, had to find another five star hotel, for that night, and a lot of people. They ended up in Cannes.

It was a great concert though, and I heard that the band went back to the hotel in Cannes and played another after-party-concert in the bar well into the small hours.

But it makes you wonder what it was about a hotel that could possibly have caused Prince not to “think so”. Not purple enough perhaps…?

2 Likes

He was too precious

1 Like

Extraordinary day yesterday at Ranthambore National Park in Rajasthan. Our guide Vijay got us reasonably close to both male and female tigers. Many pictures taken on our iPhones, but I thought I might share these, the stretching female taken by my wife….

21 Likes

Magnificent imo one the most beautiful creatures on earth. I’m extremely jealous. :grin:

5 Likes

They really are magnificent in the wild and we were really lucky to get 2 separate sightings in one afternoon. Zilch in the morning though so expectations weren’t high. Our guide Vijay said we were really lucky to be alone so long with the female.

2 Likes

I’ve always thought that was lucky. :grin:

3 Likes

Offload

4 Likes

id be worried where that chaps arm is going! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Ah. I only saw a deft reverse pass at speed.

I thought you were going to constructively criticise my white balance or something :wink:

1 Like

And that’s the proper answer! Ignore my bufoonery comment on a good pic

1 Like

Not nice enough.

G

Nice autumn walk at the Lake Constance Germany today….

14 Likes

Nice photo - were you going for the Steely Dan album cover look? :grinning:

6 Likes

I don’t know the Steely Dan album “Two Against Nature” yet. But when I get back home, I’ll give it a listen. Maybe there will be more similarities then… :+1: :grinning:

Winter lunch today at the Michelin-starred ‘Lympstone Manor’ - a glorious venue with food by the chef Michael Caines.

And the views overlooking the River Exe, down towards Exmouth are lovely.

18 Likes