Nice Photos

Braved the floods!

40 Likes

A cracker Jamie.

G

2 Likes

Thank you @SHEP

You’re not fooling us with digital manipulation are you? Whatever happened to Ansel Adams 2d stuff?

That’s a pretty low blow…And nope, I’m not.

Flooded waters. Wading across with my wellies. A few swans gathered around the flooded picnic tables far right. Saw one fly off, figured the others may follow. Got myself in position and waited.

Sad times you should think so though.

Low blow? You shouldn’t give them out then should you?

So it’s 3 different swans caught in one single take?

Wtf have I done?

Yep, 3 single swans. Selected one from about a ten shot burst. Selected the best. Edited lighting post. Happy? FFS.

Lovely picture. Patience rewarded.

Bald but not bold

Imgur

Because I dared blink.

12 Likes

A great day out in the hills around Torridon, rounded off my holiday nicely - even the weather towed the line; well, more or less.

Sunrise

Just after sunrise

Some weather about

Time for reflection

Sun on the way down and time for me to do the same

Cheers,

Ian

51 Likes

Ian,

National Geographic is desperately looking for you, better give them a call.

3 Likes

Please keep going, ignore the iconoclast.

2 Likes

3 Likes

@IanF Have you got anything of An Teallach please? I was up there one fine weekend in the winter of 1983 with a university mountaineering group. I’ve got some Kodachrome 64 trannies somewhere.

I’m curious to see what your eye would make of it, roughly forty years later.

C.

Edit: I had wondered if your ‘Just after sunrise’ frame, above, is actually An Teallach.

Yesterday morning

11 Likes

@Christopher_M I have shots from when I climbed it a few years back, though from a compact camera. I have some more recent ones of it viewed from other hills. I’ll post a few in due course, but may not be tonight.

The photo you mention isn’t An Teallach, I’m afraid; it’s one of the Torridon Corbetts.

Cheers,

Ian

1 Like

Albarracin, Spain

20 Likes

Albarracin or Albarracín, I believe.

1 Like

@Christopher_M I had a couple of things to sort on the PC, so here you go; hopefully, they will bring back some memories!

Sunrise

Both Munros and the excellent scrambling

Sitting on Lord Berkeley’s Seat

View back from second Munro

View from one of the Fisherfields

Cheers,

Ian

25 Likes

Thanks Ian, quite the ridge!

I will do my best to dig out the Kodachromes.

3 Likes