It’s a bright one tonight.

21 Likes

Nizwa Fort, Oman - 26 January 2024

12 Likes

Al Jabal Akhdar, Oman - 26 January 2024

‘The Green Mountain’ at 7,000 feet

16 Likes

Melia Hotel, Dubai - 27 January 2024

The first, and last, hotel designed by Zaha Hadid.

10 Likes

Bringin in the reeds

8 Likes

Home City. New Waterfront, with V&A.

G

18 Likes

Beautiful late afternoon walk along Chiswick Mall at almost high tide .

14 Likes

A pleasant afternoon by the sea.

20 Likes

I love that walk. Putney Bridge down to Barnes railway bridge and back. Even managed to run it once or twice.

3 Likes

My picture of the day, if you don’t mind.

1 Like

A pause - apologies to everyone.
Last year was a bit difficult for me, what with being alone again after the rather unexpected interruption of an almost twenty years’ life together by her, what with prostate cancer diagnosis, surgery and subsequent discovery of an apparently rapidly worsening situation…
I never was in the mood for a proper holiday, so I had none.
These pictures are eliciting an almost aching desire to go everywhere… Some of these places are amazing!

I really hope to be able to post something vaguely wonderful after next summer. Thanks for this wonderful Around The World In Eighty Pics.

16 Likes

Hey are you ok, seems like you’ve had a rough time.

Hope everything is ok and you get the holiday you need.

4 Likes

Yes Max given what you have said in your regular posts it sounds like you deserve that holiday. Best wishes from us all I am sure, and I too hope life improves for you from here.

2 Likes

Hi,
yes it was not the best of years but I’m ok, so far. As soon as the weather turns to pleasant, I’ll invest a sum in traveling.
Back to the pictures please, I want more options!
:slight_smile: :earth_asia:

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about your bad year. Still, get yourself down to Juve at least. Top of the league!!

Courtesy of Dr Mark The Great!

11 Likes

If you look carefully, you’ll still be able to identify this as a Juve ball which we bought in one of the fan shops last year.

My kids envy your location.

2 Likes

15 Likes

And I was born in Torino, lived there for fifty-odd years…