Nice Photos

Yup it’s real but some people prefer to keep their eyes closed. WFP is full of inconvenient photos but if it’s about humans it’s ok. Animals is a different matter.

I like your photos str, and the ones removed were very good.

4 Likes

The title of the thread is “Nice Photos”. Nothing nice about a pig being slaughtered! It was vile!

3 Likes

LOL so humans with animals are a different matter LOL

face reality. reality is not always pleasant.

If now somebody comments here about Ukraine or Palestina comments will be removed¿?
if so, congratulations to closed eyes and superficiality.

of course, our NAIM equipment still will sound cool.

4 Likes

ohhh sorry, I have no “bambi” pictures on my HD. ;))) and “nice” is always from the eye of the beholder. anyway … I see the superficial direction we are going. ;))))

2 Likes

Comparing a photo of human suffering and a pig being slaughtered? Are you serious?

It was a question… I did not compare anything. :wink:

I don’t like war equipment, why is there a tank posted here? The title of the thread is “Nice Photos”.
War equipment is offensive.

2 Likes

Your pics reminded me of Koudelka and Cartier-Bresson. Thanks for posting them.

Best,
Chris

1 Like

Anyone ever been to Rencontres d’Arles - the photography festival? A friend of mine dragged me there twice, it was an eye opener.

1 Like

Not yet, it’s one that we really want to go to. We have been to this one many times over the years: Exhibitions – Visa pour l’image

1 Like

Although the tile of this thread is “Nice Photos” … the quality of my photos don’t make the grade.
However, i’ve taken lots of photos of what in my opinion are “Nice Places”, so I thought i’d share at least one or two in this thread.

Wonder Pass, BC/Alberta

31 Likes

Emerald Lake

30 Likes

Floe Lake

35 Likes

I seem to remember the original thread opener said nothing about photo ‘quality’ being a pre-requisite and in fact referenced nice places we’d been and interesting things we’d seen if memory serves. Clearly your pics posted just now win on all 3 counts :wink:

5 Likes

Some city folk don’t like knowing where their food comes from, or that the country even exists.

3 Likes

Thank you Jamie for your kind words and encouragement.

ISTR that George Fredrik Johnson was the originator way back in an earlier version of the Lounge or Padded Cell. And you’re right, his concept of ‘nice photos’ was focussed on places and interesting subjects.

It is wonderful to see the wide variety of photos in the c.12,000 posts in the current thread. I never cease to be amazed at the interesting subjects, beautiful places and stunning photos that appear.

3 Likes

Nice day for it…

17 Likes

Always nice waking up on a boat.

20 Likes

You’ve clearly never nodded off on the Larne-Cairnryan ferry.

Willy.

6 Likes

Didn’t think it was possible to nod off on that ferry. :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Two years of weekly commute on it and you’d be surprised how you acclimatise. :sleeping:

Willy.

1 Like