Nice Photos

Bridge on the Burtonport Railway Trail.

Willy.

11 Likes

Nice cloud burst, from a site visit last week.

31 Likes

Spectacular shot Mike.

1 Like

Lonesome cowboy

14 Likes

Defences (& Golfers)

Napoleonic Martello Tower and in the distance (across the mouth of the Deben River) Bawdsey Manor where radar was developed in the late 30s and early days of the 2nd World War.

5 Likes

This morning, from home window

21 Likes

Now I am envious. Lovely.

1 Like

I’ll keep an eye out, as I’m up there next week for four days.

We were in Charente last September, it was beautiful. And we fell in love with Ile de Re, not far away.

Thank you, it is a lovely area but a little empty of things to do, theatre, restaurants etc, unless you are near to a large town or city. We have stayed in Chatelaillon-plage ( 2 hours travel) a couple of times and will probably visit again. Ile De Re is a lovely place but in the summer months can be a little busy. I believe they are thinking of imposing a tourist or bridge tax to fund counter erosion measures there.
The one thing we miss here in the country is a view of the sea and I rather like both your view and the local architecture shown.

1 Like

Sunshine after the storms at Thurne… boggy campsite mind…

8 Likes

Take me to your leader

7 Likes

‘Auld Reekie’

G

18 Likes

The last sunset…before the thunderstorms and rain arrived today.

Cheers,

Ian

17 Likes

Backlighting

A rare sight of a chipmunk on a tree, enjoying some warm sunlight following three consecutive grey rainy days.

11 Likes

Who doesn’t like a good working harbour

15 Likes

Another one, Newcastle (NSW) sunset

23 Likes

The most northern Martello Tower in England at Slaughden near Aldeburgh, Martello Towers in Suffolk - Martello Towers , -it’s a special clover shape as it was the northern end of the line - here the river Ore travels parallel to the sea with Orford Ness between the two.

19 Likes

Lovely looking boat there. Traditional half decker?

1 Like

Been there a few times when we stay in my sister’s house in Aldeburgh. Did they think that Napoleon would get that far north!