Nice Photos

And talking of Orford Ness - here are the old Cold War atomic weapon test facilities on the ness, the so called Pagodas, all looking a bit sinister now. That roof of concrete and shingle on stilts was designed to collapse if there was a fault with the initial chemical detonation explosion.

3 Likes

I guess they possibly did certainly fairly remote and hard to defend - but it was the end of the line. It is also interesting to see the German invasion field guide for the invasion of Britain - they had photos and maps up to the Stour on the Suffolk/Essex border. I have my own carefully protected copy of such a guide that my late Grandfather obtained after the Normandy landings - its fascinating - and much of it augmented with copies of holiday post cards donated by the German people from their holidays in the UK in the 1930s

2 Likes

Slightly further north at Magilligan Point on Lough Foyle.

There is at least one other around the same latitude on Lough Swilly.

Willy.

8 Likes

Beautiful photograph and a beautiful sailboat! It looks like a perfect day!

Sculptures on a b

Sculptures on a beach in Majorca,we’re there for a weddin tomorrow,very unusual.

8 Likes

We made the most of that weekend with a family and friends jaunt on the river…alas the rain returned the day after. I am very fortunate to live in this beautiful part of the world.

1 Like

Another yacht on the River Ore - this time with Sizewell A and B nuclear power station reactors looming over the horizon.

9 Likes

It’s all just a front

18 Likes

Well, I guess it’s a very big bath…

2 Likes

A pause.

4 Likes

How I feel after a few steps these days…

1 Like

…is that the new house finally under construction Pete? :wink:

2 Likes

Pete clearly understands the importance of curb appeal!

3 Likes

No wonder he’s knackered…

1 Like

Life…

7 Likes

I’m liking the notice on the crate…

2 Likes

and on his hat…

1 Like

I’m assuming that’s a mobility cane for the blind strapped to the bike he’s riding…?

Hmm - I think it was a flag or pennant of some sort - but it was couple of years ago now…

I wish my panels are still laying on the ground and wouldn’t be lift till late June.

1 Like