Nice Photos

Thinking how much g force could be…Great photo.

1 Like

356_polar2

No particular reason :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Madeira looking towards Funchal from the glass viewing platform.

17 Likes

A stranded jellyfish on Woolacombe beach this morning starting to deliquesce ( that has to be one of the best words in the English language)

6 Likes

Out on one of my favourite walks yesterday.

13 Likes

Fabulous camer and lens combo Chris - truly one of the greats…

Superb image,

JonathanG

1 Like

4 Likes

Just delighted in a 24 hour stopover in Istanbul.

What an astonishing place! The Hagia Sophia was built in just five years, over 1500 years ago! It is still the fourth largest dome in the world.
Church-Mosque-Museum-Mosque.

When I last visited Istanbul the internal restoration was still ongoing (the scaffolding took longer in the 20th century than the entire building had in the 6th!). I promised myself I would return, and I am so glad I did.

29 Likes

To Finland through the Stockholm archipelago…

18 Likes

Homeward bound

6 Likes

On the trail again

I warned the green guy about the super-fast bikers who run over everything; snakes, baby turtles, chipmunks… but he liked his spot too much and remained there.

9 Likes

Out for a walk with my wife along Golden Gardens and the Shilshole Bay Marina and passed by this group of napping sea lions.

The Marina staff were quite accommodating and placed notices not to approach or disturb the napping sea lions. It is one of the attractions of the Pacific Northwest is great weather year round and an abundance of wild life even in a large urban city.

Life is Sweet!

19 Likes

Dunkeld

G

27 Likes

Nice photo, I’ve always enjoyed that bridge @GraemeH and of course the cathedral just a few steps away.

1 Like

Thanks Steve. It’s an idyllic spot. Here’s a view of it from the Cathedral.

G

18 Likes

River Tamar – 14 June 2024

Crossing from Cornwall to Devon this afternoon courtesy of Great Western Railway and Isambard Kingdom Brunel

19 Likes

A ballooning interest…

27 Likes

On a visit to Helsinki… This church is spectacular, embedded in the bedrock with a copper roof made of 22 km long copper bands.

25 Likes

Nervi (Genoa), Passeggiata Anita Garibaldi last night

31 Likes

A striking image of a scene I know well. Thanks for posting.

1 Like