Nice Photos

A (one day) taste of Summer.

Cheers,

Ian

30 Likes

Time to lay those precious eggs

Very serious business so mama turtle cannot allow herself to be bothered by the hovering iPhone from above.

12 Likes

Some work to do on this!

12 Likes

@Terry

Here is some info it was on eBay for £80k in 2013.

Ocean Dawn: (YH 77) (1957 – 20??) (Steel)
O.N. 186405: 131g 63n 92 x 22.2 x 9.4 feet
360 hp 6-cyl 4SA by Ruston Hornsby Lincoln

14.01.1956: Launched by Richards Ironworks Lowestoft (Yd No 431) for Bloomfields Ltd Great Yarmouth as “Ocean Dawn” YH 77. 02.1956: Completed. 02.1956: Registered at Great Yarmouth YH 77. 1963: Owned by East Anglian Ice & Cold Storage Co Ltd Lowestoft. 21.02.1963: Registered at Lowestoft LT 466.1968: Owned by Small & Co (Lowestoft) Ltd Lowestoft. 1969: Owned by James Muir Anstruther Fife. 1969: Registered at Kirkcaldy KY 371. 10.09.1979: Sank in Aberdeen harbour. 19.09.1979: Raised and returned to service. 1984: Owned by Colne Fishing Co Ltd Lowestoft. 1984: Kirkcaldy registry closed. 1984: Converted to ORSV (Oil Rig Safety / Supply Vessel). 1984: Renamed “REWGA”. 1984: Registered at Lowestoft. 1987: Owned by Mats Lilja Sweden. 1988: Converted to yacht. 1988: Renamed “OCEAN DAWN”. 04.1991: Advertised for sale £65,000. 09.1991: Advertised for sale £45,000.

Poppies in the wind. Found while on a bike ride with Mrs. G.

20 Likes

Gig seen

11 Likes

Thought a photo of Butts would be appreciated. :grin:

7 Likes

The Old Man of Storr and the Waternish Peninsula, Isle of Skye

34 Likes

Did a 16km walk around Upper Kananaskis Lake June 18th. Wasn’t expecting fresh snow as I drove up the road towards the lake! Pics with an iPhone 15.

44 Likes

Thanks Sandy I really like those pics

1 Like

Glad you like em. It was my first decent hike of the year and my legs are still feeling it a bit!

It reminds me of visiting Mt Rainier many years ago in July. The snow line dropped from 7000’ to 5,000’ overnight which was a surprise for anyone planning on visiting (or at) the Sunrise Center at 6,400’.

1 Like

Made me curious and had to check. Upper kananaskiis lake is at 5600 ft. Where I live in Calgary we are at 3000 ft…

2 Likes

Very nice Sandy, it will probably melt on Sunday when we get 29C ! We normally go east of there in the Bragg Creek / Moose Mountain area… only getting close, if skiing at Nakiska. Ever since 2020, K Country has gotten a lot busier, so great to do it mid week. I’m in South Calgary at 3,444ft - incase you weren’t aware The Audio Room now has a “Focal Powered by Naim” room, a first in Canada.

Hi Guy, I’m in southeast Calgary so neighbours it seems. I’ve been to The Audio Room once to drop off my Supernait for repair and it’s still there. Hoping to get it back soon and I might get them to recap my Nait 2 as well, once the Supernait is sorted. Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi Sandy, I used to love going around Kananaskis Country, so much to explore.

Lovely photos.

Tim

1 Like

Hope you get the Supernait back soon Sandy - are they doing the work or sending it out east ? The last time I went there they only sold the muso range. My gear came from the store in Bowness, but a lot has changed in Hifi store availability in the last 10 years.

Cracking shots Sandy - especially the second and last ones!

Cheers,

Ian

1 Like

They sent it out east but it came back with a transformer hum and they thought that should have been addressed but wasn’t. I haven’t heard it so don’t know how loud it is and don’t really know what will happen next. Been about 3 months now without it, luckily I have a spare amp to use in the mean time.

Amazing photos! We decided at fairly short notice to visit Alberta and BC next month. Bit daunted by the unavailability of many camp sites and lodges