Nice Photos

Threes

G

13 Likes

A wonderful day in the mountains of the Northwest Highlands yesterday, though there was a proper chilly breeze on the summit. View of the day was this one to the Fisherfield mountains and An Teallach, showing nicely above my start point at Inverlael, near Ullapool.

Cheers,

Ian

26 Likes

University College, University of Toronto - 27 September 2024

Emmanuel College Library, University of Toronto, 27 September 2024

Emmanuel College Library, University of Toronto, May 1985

7 Likes

Just 37 degrees today. Cooling down. :fire: :hot_face:

9 Likes

Cool! It looks like a streetlamp from my hometown

and the skyline from a SciFi movie… Where is it?

7 Likes

Abu Dhabi, UAE.

2 Likes

Bit of a change since my first visit in 1968 !!

1 Like

I’ve been in that radio tower. I was scared to death in the glass lift.

Too damn hot :hot_face::hot_face:

1 Like

That ‘radio tower’ has an interesting story, but perhaps this is not the right place. I love the glass lift…

1 Like

Interesting photos and comparison with 1985 to the present. The index cards in drawers replaced with computer terminals and a printer. The wooden drawers looked nicer though!

1 Like

Indeed. I saw that Peter Greenaway was giving a series of lectures and screenings at the Mole Antonelliana | The National Museum of Cinema last week. I would have loved to have gone.

It is indeed an interesting story - the synagogue which was not to be. Although the lift ride is indeed scary, the views of the Alps make it worthwhile…

7 Likes

Ah, memories…I’ve only been to Turin/Torino once, and that was when I was a kid on a family tour, mainly round France, in about 82/83.

My prime memory of the city is my Dad’s Audi 80 breaking down there (it had also stopped just outside the Mont Blanc tunnel), then it getting nicked from the garage it had been repaired at the following day, only to then receive a call from the police that they’d found it as it had broken down again and been abandoned!

6 Likes

Einaudi in Rome last night, an invitation only occasion. I wasn’t there but he sent me the pic this morning.
A nice setting I’d say… :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Yeah, I think I’d remember that too! How was it resolved? Or are you still stuck in Turin? :wink:

1 Like

I think we left that day and headed back to the delights of summer near Chamonix!

1 Like

But you’d have to tolerate Einaudi?

G

1 Like

:rofl:

Actually, he’s a very old friend of mine, and a nice person. But not everyone’s cup of tea…

2 Likes

Blue Sky Day.

Cheers,

Ian

24 Likes

Autumn view over Glenariff and the Antrim Plateau.

Willy.

22 Likes