Nice Photos

A beautiful early autumn afternoon in the River Findhorn Valley - at 17 degrees, it was t-shirt weather.

Cheers,

Ian

28 Likes

Odds and Sods from a recent business trip to North America…

Washington DC - 20 September 2024

Apollo 11 command module.

Washington DC - 21 September 2024

‘Double Fantasy’

Washington DC - 21 September 2024

Last night at the hotel bar

Pittsburgh - 22 September 2024

Blimp alert

New York - 24 September 2024

Downtown view courtesy of United Airlines

New York/Ontario - 26 September 2024

A glimpse of Niagara Falls courtesy of American Airlines

Downtown Toronto - 26 September 2024

“UofT” - Toronto, 27 September 2024

Oh to be a student again

12 Likes

Camra-aderie

11 Likes

Muzzling the sun

Imgur

Unfortunately, no chance to adjust the camera’s setting. The guy was obviously faster than my 1/500 shutter speed but at least he posed with four legs in the air.

17 Likes

Ray Hanna Tribute

Ray was a long serving RAF pilot and flew for the Red Arrows from the off as Red 3. He went on to be Red 1 for four years, while they were still flying Gnats and oversaw the switch to using nine aircraft for displays and creating the ‘Diamond 9’ formation. Later he formed The Old Flying Machine Company with his son, aquiring Spitfire MH434 and the man and machine partnership were well known on the circuit, appeared in numerous films, TV shows etc. and Ray was not averse to flying lower and faster than was strictly allowed.

This year is the 60th anniversary of The Arrows who have just returned from a North American tour and this was their last show of the season. Someone had the rather decent idea to form up the nine ships with MH434 before their display. Which was rather wonderful!

20 Likes

I didn’t realise it was so built up around it.

DG…

3 Likes

Four ship ‘Hanna’ formation flying into the sunset.

12 Likes

Very built up. Niagara Falls is surrounded by waxwork museums, fast food restaurants and a lot of other tat, but there are some lovely areas to explore on the road down to the pretty town of Niagara-on-the-Lake (particularly the vineyards).

Wet day at Ripon

1 Like

From the Beeston Bump

8 Likes

Down by the Grand Union this afternoon. Lovely Autumn day here in Daventry.

Tim

24 Likes

Honfleur

18 Likes

Pale di San Martino.I think I uploaded this last year, not sure.Sorry for that but I have

some problem with my iMac.

14 Likes

Here’s the first person ever to be captured on a photograph. Paris 1838. Someone having their shoes shined.

10 Likes

Doesn’t surprise me the internet world can’t even decide on the direction of the photo or even the date.

Boom!

7 Likes

Silhouette Self

G

24 Likes

Couple from 2015. Found them last night, still happy with them.

15 Likes

Spesh the Vulcan I bet!

2 Likes