Nightwish - Birmingham'21 and beyond

Just 9 days later, its starting to come together, in Austin, Texas, USA (10th Oct’12).

Floor’s stage gear has moved up a level, too…

2 Likes

Absolutely fascinating to compare Floor’s improvements over only 9 days.

2 Likes

And by the end of the US tour - which was only about 2 weeks, we get this -
(which should be October 15th 2012, I think)

(yes, its a very long YouTube item - you can fast forward if you wish. They invited Kamelot on stage, for The Last Ride…! )

Perhaps by this stage, the rest of Nightwish maybe thought they were on to something, with Floor…? ‘Our Flying Dutch Woman’, as Marko calls her.

2 Likes

From 13th October 2012 - Ft Lauderdale, USA .

That song…

The New Girl in the Band - did well…

3 Likes

You may not know… that Floor is supporting Metallica, later today… :open_mouth:

From Floor - "I can’t believe this is happening! :yellow_heart: I will support Metallica on their M72 World Tour show on April 29th in Amsterdam. :netherlands::metal:t2: What a huge honor! To perform in front of over 50,000 fans in my home country is something I can’t quite fathom. :star_struck: Let’s rock the Johan Cruijff ArenA! :pray: See you this Saturday! "

Press Release - Floor Jansen will perform in the Johan Cruijff ArenA in support of Metallica on Saturday 29 April. She will replace Five Finger Death Punch who unfortunately had to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances.

“The opportunity to play at the Johan Cruijff ArenA in Amsterdam, for 50,000 fans, as a support act for Metallica, it’s a huge honor,” says Floor Jansen. “I can’t wait to share my music with the fans and to see Metallica perform.”

Imagined discussion - within Metallica and/or their management - "Do we know any Dutch bands or singers who could step in at short notice…? " "Erm… Floor Jansen…? " "Yeah…!! "

Am sure some YouTube clips will be along later… :crazy_face:

Seems to me to be a raging certainty that Floor will get to sing with Metallica… :astonished:

3 Likes

Update, from Floor -

Sound Check Done !!

2 Likes

Face Your Demons - After Forever song

Looks like FJ dug deep into her Metal back catalogue…!!!

1 Like

Updated - FJ Setlist - 29th April’23 -

1. Fire - FJ
  2. Storm in a Glass - Northward
  3. Invincible - FJ
  4. While Love Died - Northward
  5. Energize Me - After Forever
  6. Euphoria - Loreen cover
  7. Storm - FJ
  8. ??? - Nightwish
  9. Me Without You - FJ
  10. The Calm - FJ
  11. Face Your Demons - After Forever
  12. Come Full Circle - FJ
  13. Daydream - FJ
  14. My Paragon - FJ
  15. The Phantom of the Opera - Andrew Lloyd Webber cover

(from setlist.fm - complete ??)

2 Likes

Part of her set - including a Nightwish song…!!

1 Like

Is she ‘expecting’, maybe a small bump on show?

1 Like

Yup, has been for some time. Not a Small Bump… :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Ooh, looks like it, how fantastic for Floor and her family.

NIGHTWISH Singer FLOOR JANSEN Expecting Second Child With SABATON Drummer HANNES VAN DAHL - BraveWords.

1 Like

I was being euphemisitic in case there was an alternative reason :rofl:

1 Like

Please keep the thread going, my flippant earlier comment was just an off the cuff response and I had no intent to offend, probably fairly honest from me at that point, but I’ve had a few weeks of listening to other music so it was nice to listen to some Floor/Nightwish again this weekend.

Difficult… if there is not much interest. Which - sadly - there isn’t
(with yourself and 1 or 2 others excepted).

Clearly, Nightwish isn’t a thing on here… :expressionless:

(Perhaps I should get more into Jazz-Rock…? That’s the way to go…!!! Much more popular…!)

2 Likes

There may not be much interest which is fine, and we probably all have other examples of personal but not well-loved favourites in addition to those which are almost universally lauded.

The thread exists however so it doesn’t really matter if occasional posts keep it going as it doesn’t generate new threads for the same topic.

Best wishes!

AC

noooooooo!

No… to Jazz-Rock… instead of Nightwish…? Why ever not… :crazy_face:

Now… what was that Pat Matheny LP I used to own… :expressionless:

2 Likes

Thank you.

If I see something more, I may post it.

2 Likes

Need to keep this thread alive or at least on life support as it won’t be possible to rename it to Nightwish 2024

It has been reported that they won’t be touring (again) the new album due late 2023/2024.

2 Likes