Nightwish - Birmingham'21 and beyond

Floor talks about Tuomas…

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/en-3psccdoY

Nightwish - cover of Pink Floyd’s High Hopes -

Not seen this one before…

Over The Hills… - Gary Moore cover - with the ‘new girl’… She’s not bad… :expressionless:

(the band still had Jukka & Marko at this point)

Insights from Tero Kinnunen, Nightwish’s recording engineer -

The Day Of… - Orchestral version -

Not bad for a youngster, but this is how it should be done…

or at the Hartwall Arena in 2005 from the End Of an Era DVD.

:laughing:

MMMV… :expressionless:

3005?

I think a few more tracks from Yesterwynde are on YouTube.

Maybe old news, the one I didn’t like the other I did.

This didn’t really grab me.

This did:

I may have just realised they’re the same unless I had an odd dream, the video was distracting or they’re different mixes? :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Crikey, the new album us £43 on vinyl (Apricot colour), cheaper in white. I’d happily settle for black.

IT’S OUT NOW!!

Currently listening to it. I like it. It’s definitely in the same vein as Human : Nature II. The metal has been toned down to make way for a more ethnic/tribal sound with folks elements. So far a few songs that are seriously technically difficult for the singer. Of course Floor powers through.

@IanRobertM , hope you enjoy this one, wherever you are :heart:.

5 Likes

Listening on Qobuz and the Orchestral versions of all tracks (except Hiraeth) are included and sound fantastic.

That puts it off my purchase list then. Thought H:N II was poor.

I’d give it a few listens on a streaming service, I think it’s quite different to the previous album.

Hmmm. I’m not sure about this one yet. It seems a little overblown and overproduced for me and Floor’s voice is a little buried in the mix. It might take a few listens to get in to it. I’ll give it another try over the weekend with headphones and see if that helps

2 Likes

That well known online retailer has despatched my CD.

It is of great sadness to me, that Ian, having championed the album for several months, will not get to hear it, and that he & I cannot continue the debate around Floor vs Tarja.

5 Likes

I’d like to think we could maintain this thread in his memory if @Cathexis feels that is appropriate so long as there is a continued Nightwish interest.

I’m sure he took great pleasure in the singles released before the whole album was.

2 Likes

I certainly hope we can continue here.

@Brown_Owl
Please don’t pre judge…Sometime ago I listened a lot to a number of YouTube reaction channels and TanktheTech was one of my goto ones together with The Charismatic Voice, when then first single came out he was less than impressed being a Nightwish fan, however 4 hours ago (from when I listened to it) he released an edited version of his reaction to every song on the album

SPOILER ALERT
For those who don’t want to watch the full thing he was fully prepared to quote”sh.t on the album in this video” he’s changed his mind and reckons need to listen listen to whole thing rather than individual songs

1 Like