Nightwish - Birmingham'21 and beyond

This appeared on my YT feed today.
I don’t know how long this will last as I seem to remember it being said that anyone putting the Virtual concerts on line would be actively pursued.

It’s been up for a month

Nightwish At The Islander Arms full virtual show

4 Likes

Ok, so that completely dispels my argument to Mrs AC that I wasn’t just watching for Floor’s ample assets and just like the band :grin:

Seriously though, not sure if it’s the cut of the outfits or some ‘lift and separation’ but she looks different to earlier concerts.

I want that T-shirt Tuomas has as well.

2 Likes

Nice graphics:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/GXlPXa

1 Like

That’s torn it. I anticipate an absolute meltdown due to Floor iPhone ‘wallpaper’. Certainly less boring than the stock one I’ve never changed.

2 Likes

Another thing I thought I’d mentioned but perhaps not.

The majority of links we’ve posted are to LIVE performances and the majority are sublime, som e potentially even better than release versions.

That’s a real testament to the band as a whole.

2 Likes

I agree - and they are great - BUT I suspect that quite a lot of the keyboard sound is being triggered or controlled by either Tuomas of the sound engineers, from something prerecorded, from ProTools…

Thats not to take anything away from the band - or from Tuomas (or their sound engineers…). The results are still fabulous…!!

And I never mentioned Floor… Damn… :thinking:

1 Like

I think thats best not implemented…
But you could post a link on here…
Just so I can check… :crazy_face:

1 Like

I saw this, not long after the actual event. There have also been quite a few individual songs posted.

Not sure taking it down achieves much - unless the band intend there to ne a formal release on DVD.

‘My precious, my precious…’ :rofl:

Just Floor…

Nemo… Live in Amsterdam…

PS. @Alley_Cat - This is ‘safe’… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That was a great reaction video, thanks.
Not so much about Floor’s singing (frankly, what else is there left to say?), but rather a very insightful analysis of the musical complexity of the song itself.
He should do The Poet and the Pendulum or The Greatest Show on Earth next.

1 Like

You want… More…? Nightwish - Ghost Love Score - Oslo 2021…

Audience shot, smart phone footage… but not bad…

1 Like

So… how on earth do NW get their live sound like that…? Is it Witchcraft… Probably… But this guy seems to know a bit…

2 Likes

The other day Mrs AC ranted - get that Magwitch woman off the telly.

“It’s not” I replied, “you like Rumer!”

And a lot better than that plastic forced rock! :joy:

1 Like

Both “nights” were on Yootoob for a time (with slightly different set lists). A combined DVD would be nice.

2 Likes

Recent, new Vocal analysis YouTube of… Floor… :astonished:

Well worth a look - it shows how good she really is.

From back in 2012, when Floor was still very new - and Marko & Jukka were still in the band.

Sound isn’t great - but… this is The Islander, with Marko singing lead… Enjoy.

Possibly… the 2nd ever Nighwish gig, with Floor…

San Fran - 3 Oct 2021 -

1 Like