Nipper rca dog

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

I just needed to tighten the screws - and attach the nut for the Winding Handle
(which I found in the box - loose…).

Just had a message from the Kennel Club mine will be delivered Tuesday.

2 Likes

Mine next week

Anyway, @frenchrooster,

It turns out that Nipper was actually from Bristol, and the painting was entitled His Master’s Voice, and was subsequently used as a trademark by various record companies, among them, eventually, HMV.

So, here in rosbif land, we think of him as being the HMV dog, rather than the RCA dog.

Not that it really matters, just ‘avin’ a larf. :joy:

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter as you say, it’s just a cheap fake in order to decorate. For me it’s to hide something.

1 Like

I believe the correct term is “competitively priced reproduction”. “Cheap fake” sounds so vulgar!

:stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

I forgot I also have these

2 Likes

Nice! Are they also reproductions of the Rogers Foundry “originals”?

I think they are.

If you want …But it’s not a piece of art, for sure.
If you come in Paris, you can buy that, a competitively priced reproduction of the Eiffel tour. :grin:

1 Like

Yup, my mother bought one back in the '60’s :laughing:

1 Like

The original one, not really the same as HMV for 20 euros.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong. The RCA dog replica for 20 euros is enough nice to my eyes to put it as decoration in my living room. And I find it funny too.

Well Nipper has turned up he travelled well nothing came loose on the journey down to Bristol in fact I was surprised how tight his little nuts were!!!

5 Likes

Wruff…!!!

1 Like

This is our Dodger doing his other dog imitation Wruff. :laughing:. Dodgers dog imitation

I understand that Nipper is a Jack Russell Terrier - which is a breed I do have experience of, first hand…

Wwwrrufffff… :dog:

1 Like

In a Southside shop window in Edinburgh this morning…

Willy.

4 Likes

Nice one :+1: