Non Naim Fantasy system

You’ve been forward and backward in the Naim range, with what seems like quite frequent changes, and now considering something different. Is it that you haven’t yet found a system that really satisfies, or is it just that you like change?

It may seem that I’ve had a lot of changes but many of them came during one year. I had 202/200 for just over 2 years and 282/200 - 282/250 - 282/300 took me 3 years so no quicker than many on this forum.
I then went quite quickly through the Olive range settling on 82/SC/non Naim dual mono which I really liked.
The changes I’ve made have been for part financial reasons and partly because though I’ve really enjoyed all of my Naim electronics I’ve never been 100% satisfied.
So I’ll keep my Naim Uniti which is an excellent all in for a second system and try something different.

For me:

-Klipschorns
-Integrated amplifier from either McIntosh or Audio Research (in black thank you very much…)
-A Japanese direct drive turntable, I´m thinking Denon, Technics or Yamaha
-I would keep my NDX for streaming though…

McIntosh
Denon%20100th

I haven’t listened to any of them… Well, except the NDX :grin:

5 Likes

Yamaha 5000 Series looks very nice, really like the look of the whole system and would love to hear how it sounds.
0_0_640_0_70__News_ScreenShot07727 doRYjTnvtjqUGazw6JT5bN-320-80

6 Likes

The MG 30.1 for me

1 Like

Sorry but I don’t know what that is.

Sorry, I meant Magnepan MG30.7 speakers - google them.

I had the MG3.5 for about 10 years. Maggies do certain things that no other speaker does. Of course, there are trade-offs.

3 Likes

This whole enchilada!
Kronos Pro -> Nagra -> Avalon

Note: Including Nagra Seven AD. I’ve heard a vinyl rip from this. Impressive.

5 Likes

what does this Seven AD?

Records analog and saves files digital…

2 Likes

MBL Reference line complete system …

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:You who live in Sweden,.may know where in Stockholm you can listen to this set-up…

/Peder🙂

Audio Concept Online Shop

PRODUKT

UTBUD

Sveriges största utbud av kvalitetsprodukter

1 Like

It’s their Analogue-to-Digital Converter.

1 Like

2 Likes

Conrad Johnson coupled with Magnepan - great combo.

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:I’ve never been really impressed with Conrad Johnson’s Tube-amps.

I might not have found the synergy between the amp-speaker-room.
I preferred other Tube-amps.

But I know they got good writes in the HiFi Press.

/Peder🙂

I had just such a combination many years ago until the ribbons of the MG2.5Rs rippled.

I’ve always rather liked the C-J kit and enjoyed it rather more than ARC, which just never engaged me in the same way. When I lived in NYC, my local dealer was Sound By Singer who managed to seduce me with a demo of CAL CD player, C-J amps and Snell floor standers (I think they were Snell Es).

1 Like

i like conrad johnson sound, it’s so natural and rich , with thousands of tone colors. Just a bit too soft for some genres of music.
The preamps are a beauty too.
I would not pair CJ with Magnepans, but why not.

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:@Richard.Dane,…Wow,…A legendary Hifi-store,.unfortunately I read a few years ago that they switched to cheaper premises.

How it goes for them now,or if they remain,.I do not know.
Is there anyone here who knows.?

•The Sound By Singer,.among other things,sold the Swedish hifi-designer Peter Steindl’s (Bremen) Dac…Licence No1.
A Real World Class Dac.

/Peder🙂