nova+Harbeth 40 p3 Bloated, swollen, mushy!

the suggie a21se is fast, crystal clear with great tone, certainly not wrm n lush. id have another but dont really want to run one all day every day like my sn3

2 Likes

Yes, the sort of rack a dealer would set up to demonstrate the differences between certain amps (actually if it is a dealer, that is joined up thinking)

Interesting thread. Having studied the photo I couldn’t help but observe your reflection in the television (below the coat). Nice pose, are those briefs or possibly a thong?

3 Likes

It’s certainly the primate crotch display.

1 Like

Sutton a21se, comprehensive, one of the best combinations of P3, Naim, poison, nice to hear,

I put on a dress because the TV reflection will see me. As a result,

I feel that my plan has been confused. 202 200 is going to fail. There are too many things. I don’t know how to make good use of them

Has the sound improved with moving out the other speakers?

No words……

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

So I presume the P3ESR sounds a lot better with the Sugden A21se than Naim Nova? If that’s the case, forget about the 202/200.

Can’t believe people are still posting advice and suggestions…

4 Likes

I guess space has an impact. I’ll try positioning again when I’m free, but Nova doesn’t have many treble. The medium and low frequencies are very strong. The warm Nova has more power amplifiers now. I don’t know who to listen to

1 Like

My Nova has great treble, but I expect speaker matching is important.

I think that if the Nova is appreciably lacking in top end against the Star then there’s almost certainly something not right with it. At the very least it would warrant further investigation. This is where you need to work with your dealer, as if there’s something wrong with your Nova, only they can help you out. Otherwise, I would speak with the distributor for your country.

(Unfortunately I fear I may be repeating myself here from earlier threads)

9 Likes

Mainly, I can’t prove that Nava has a hardware problem and has been running well. The distance between the merchant and me spans many cities, and there is no sample Nova to compare. I just feel Nova dull in hearing, and I don’t rule out the influence of space and positioning. Nova 80W, the increase of power brings more medium and low frequency, which is likely to be covered up. There will be more stars in hearing,

Nova, listen to me, it’s a warm amplifier

If I look at your pics, your listening room may be small, and your position not suitable to a nice equilateral triangle with some fine tuning. How big is your listening space?

Scott

1 Like

13 square meters :grinning:

Inspired by this thread, I have just been on to my dealer & ordered a mistress to add to my system. I wanted two but my dealer advised that my listening room was too small to accommodate two successfully.

I’m really looking forward to the addition to the system but do have one reservation. I am partial to organ recitals & hope that the mistress will not result in my organ being swollen or bloated. Even worse, what do I do if it becomes mushy?

8 Likes