nova+Harbeth 40 p3 Bloated, swollen, mushy!

I currently have a star. Because I think the sound is good, I upgraded and bought nova
Star drives the speaker, with perfect balance, stretch and ideal treble, but compared with Nova, it lacks information, and the violin and Symphony are great.
Nova + P3 = fast, thick, full, playing, the human voice sounds good, but most violins show that the treble is not detailed enough, the sound is thick and dull, unbalanced, lack of treble, low-frequency bloated, swollen and paste. Is this the characteristic of Nova? Or my one, or does it not match P3?
What should I do if I spend more money and lack of promotion?

How did it go with your dealer…?

1 Like

You asked this question six months ago, when you have owned the Nova for two weeks. Why have you not sorted it out yet? Do you expect a miracle to suddenly happen? As we have said countless times, sort it out with your dealer.

2 Likes

The machine itself has no noise and hardware damage, and the merchant will not return it

The machine itself has no noise and hardware damage. At that time, I thought it would improve after running for a while. The time is too long. There is no justified reason. The merchant can’t return it. I’m just asking for confirmation. Is Nova such a medium and low frequency effect? I’m not used to it? Maybe I can optimize it by blessing the music ribbon?

Did your dealer compare the sound of your Nova with a known and good Star?

6 Likes

Guys, someone is asking for your help.

1 Like

I’ve seen the photo in your other topic. I’d turn one of the loudspeaker cable connections.

1 Like

And everyone was trying so hard! It’s just that we are the end of our wits. If you have a better idea than what was said (including the older threads), I am sure the OP will be delighted

2 Likes

Try moving your speakers closer to/further from the wall. You can have the effect of attenuating certain frequencies by changing speaker position.

Can you post some photos of your setup please. This is very likely a set up and room interaction issue that can be improved with changes to the set up.

2 Likes

Remove two spare pairs of speakers from the room. Then run the Star and then the Nova through the preferred set of speakers and see how they compare. Ideally you would also remove all the other surplus electronics from the room as well. Good luck.

3 Likes

A picture is worth a thousand words…

Good advice :+1:

2 Likes

Very good advice here. With all those other speakers so close by I would not be surprised at a bloated, swollen, mushy sound.

3 Likes

While I agree with the suggestion, if the Star is fine with the same arrangement I don’t know why the Nova would be so much worse because of it

Possibly the Nova, with its greater bandwidth and ability is better able to excite the other speakers - perhaps just enough to make a difference? Either way, it’s a good idea to get the unused speakers out of the room for any meaningful test. It’s why Linn pushed so hard back in the day to have their “single speaker demo room” principle applied by their dealers.

6 Likes

None of those speakers look like their positions have been optimised, the others may sing along and alter the sound but they will mainly get in the way when trying to find the best positions for those you’re actually using. It’s likely the Nova is making the harbeths put out a bit more bass than the Star and if the speakers are in the wrong place it will be uneven in the room, optimising the positions should even things up a bit. Move the other speakers out of the way and try to get the harbeths better positioned. If you’re at a loss as to how, look up Sumiko Masterset on the net, the CD mentioned is on qobuz and presumably tidal too.