nova+Harbeth 40 p3 Bloated, swollen, mushy!

Not sure whether one can expect an impressive organ from the little Harbeth – your issue might be with the speakers, rather than the Nova…

It looked beautiful and was top of the tree for a while, but the LP12 was better in my opinion.

1 Like

Uploading: QQ图片20210805000119.jpg…

4 Likes

So, cleaned up a little I see. Speakers isolated alone then? How does it sound now. I assume that’s why you have posted.

@anon4489532 - speakers wearing clothes, dog coat, now, literally a TV coat. It’s madness!:crazy_face:

Scott

2 Likes

As far as I can see four amps from four very good makers …

With a remote still in wrapping

Better now :+1:. Does it makes a difference for the sound, or still not?

I was very surprised , have some organ music from Bach somewhere - so will give it an outing.

Other than that, I can feel a re-run of Phantom Of The Opera coming on.

It’s all most mysterious. You’d think anyone with the wherewithal to buy all that stuff would know how to set up a system for best results.

1 Like

No shortage of choices here is there, I get the feeling there are more rooms the same…

1 Like

Not sure why you would equate the two, to me they’re two completely separate things.

Naim Nova
Sugden (A21 Signature?)
Audio Research
Ayre

Thoughts on the amp that sounds best with the P3ESR? I read that the Sugden has a warm and lush sound in comparison to Naim with better tonal accuracy. Personally I dislike matching warm sounding amps with Harbeth as the toe-tapping factor is missing with such combinations.

1 Like

OP’s picture shows an A21SE Signature. Sugden make a distinction between the sound of this and their ‘warm, lush’ A21a.

1 Like

the suggie a21se is fast, crystal clear with great tone, certainly not wrm n lush. id have another but dont really want to run one all day every day like my sn3

2 Likes

Yes, the sort of rack a dealer would set up to demonstrate the differences between certain amps (actually if it is a dealer, that is joined up thinking)

Interesting thread. Having studied the photo I couldn’t help but observe your reflection in the television (below the coat). Nice pose, are those briefs or possibly a thong?

3 Likes

It’s certainly the primate crotch display.

1 Like

Sutton a21se, comprehensive, one of the best combinations of P3, Naim, poison, nice to hear,

I put on a dress because the TV reflection will see me. As a result,

I feel that my plan has been confused. 202 200 is going to fail. There are too many things. I don’t know how to make good use of them

Has the sound improved with moving out the other speakers?