Nova with MA silver 300

Attaching the layout,

Can you post a photo taken from the Dining Room that shows the whole length of the wall with the Nova cabinet and the front door. I’m thinking that you could move the speaker to the right of the Nova closer to front door?

Like this?

i thought distance from back wall mattered for boom effect. Will increasing the space between the speakers also help?

If it gets them further away from the TV unit…yes, it could help, worth a try.

2 Likes

“Yes back ported , tried bungs but that dampens the overall musicality.”

Did you try experimenting with bungs only in bottom ports, or only in top ports? It may be that the two ports are tuned at different frequencies, therefore plugging only one may alleviate the boom with less/no impact to musicality.

Shifting the speakers a bit wider away from the console unit may also help as others have said (doing this, you may need to toe-in the speakers slightly in order to keep the soundstage intact)

Just as an experiment try moving that TV unit completely out of the way, leaving the speakers exactly where they are. That will give the answer. Speakers need space to breathe: they just don’t sound as good when squeezed between bits of furniture or shoved into corners, unless they are made to go in corners of course, which some are but the MAs most definitely are not.

I will try moving the speakers away, have tried bungs with various combinations but do not like much.

ok, let me remove the TV and see if it helps. But if it helps then it defeats the whole purpose of having this system in living room :smiley:

Not the TV. That whole area looks perfect with the TV mounted on the wall and having that specific designation in your room. Very nice. Only that cabinet is too large. Perhaps you can repurpose it elsewhere and use something half that size.
And just move the speakers out into the room a bit more, you have plenty of space. Maybe by just 1 inch should sort it.

2 Likes

The area at the left of living area is empty? No forniture at all? Maybe do you have few forniture? This could lead to bass boom

As Gazza and HH are saying, you need some space for the speakers to move air, so separation from the walls, cabinets and corners will help. Your current set up is trapping the bass, but you can sort that out. Move the cabinet away temporarily, try some different speaker positions and go from there, Don’t panic, it’s just trial and error.

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:Patla,…How do you move around your speakers.?
Do you use any special systematic method,…or you move around them more “on the feel”.

/Peder :slightly_smiling_face:

What I did so far is just move the speaker from back wall say 24 cm to 30 cm to 50 cm using measuring tape.

Ok let me try that out.

There is just a chair next to the speaker and shoe rack at the far end.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.