OC 250DR Finally on its way

You system is very similar to mine

LP12 rKeel, Karousel, Ittok, Rega MM Phono, NDX2, XPS DR, NAC 282, HiCap DR, NAP 250DR, PMC 25 26i’s

I am very much in love with the sound I am hearing

2 Likes

I would love to hear the PMC 25 26i just to see how the model has improved since my earlier twenty26’s but sadly the latest version is out of my price range but it doesn’t hurt to dream👍.

1 Like

Where are you based ?

Morning soccermad we are based in Staffordshire.

1 Like

I am in derbyshire

You would be welcome to visit tio hear the 26i’s ?

1 Like

Thank you for your very kind offer but I dare not take the chance, temptation could be too much to handle, I can get weak willed when it comes to buying Hifi , I think if I spent any more at the moment I would end up sleeping in the shed and I’m pretty sure that having a listen to your superb system I would be in trouble but a most gracious offer and thank you again for your very generous offer :+1:

4 Likes

Hahaha :rofl:
That’s funny, made me smile.

You’re in the right place then…
Me too and maybe several thousand other forum members, et al.

We all know ?
Wonder how many amongst us endure the perennial budget discussions around what might be afforded ? The discussions, emotions, negotiations, promises and compromises in all their various forms or machinations.

Maybe that’s a worthy thread topic ?

Good luck with your shed arrangements
R

2 Likes

No problem Silverback
I understand your weakness LOL

3 Likes

One advantage to the Naim boxes looking pretty much all the same , you can slip one in the rack and the gaffer is none the wiser, well that’s what I keep telling myself :joy:

5 Likes

Thought I would add my findings so far with the arrival of the new to me 250dr.
Had a good 2+hr session yesterday and really enjoyed the experience, from switching on the system sounds at ease pretty much straight away but I generally run two or three tracks through before taking a seat for a proper listen.
After a couple of hours the system is as on song as it’s going to get, been playing at about 9 o clock on the 282, the db meter is showing we are peaking around the high 80’s so pretty loud but that’s how I like to listen when playing rock music.
A large selection of Kings of Leon, Steve Ray Vaughn and various other tracks even played a bit of Hendrix just out of curiosity.
Tracks that were sometimes too edgy with the 200dr now don’t seem that way, the system just seems at ease with pretty much everything.
One slight concern was how hot the 250 got, pretty warm to the touch only experienced this with the 200 if I really pushed it to the edge which you could tell it wasn’t totally happy with but no such sign with the 250.
My PMC’s definitely seem to be benefiting from the added power and control is there more to come? I’m sure three could be, can’t imagine how a 300dr must sound never mind a 500dr.
I think I’m beginning to understand why so many people like this combination and guessing it doesn’t work for everyone, speaker choice I think would play a big part, don’t think I would like to try speakers that are very detailed or lively guessing that might be a little too much for me but generally very pleased.
Just need to enjoy where we are at the moment, happy days, apart from the weather😀.

6 Likes

It’s a fab amp, it will reward with hours of enjoyment.

As we’ve moved up the amp hierarchy we found speakers almost took a little time to run in again as well, possibly due to the drivers being thumped that little quicker/harder.

Give everything a little time to settle.

3 Likes

Morning IainO understand your point about the speakers , one thing I have found, the 250 definitely sounds happier at higher levels almost like it comes on song if that makes sense, at lower listening levels it doesn’t feel totally at its best and as you pointed out hopefully many more hours of pleasure to follow👍.

1 Like

You know what I’m going to say, and I’m sure you can guess from reading forum posts.

The low level issue is solved by…… a 300DR!

In time……

I like my music loud so the low level thing never bothered me with music. When we got 300DR the difference with telly was noticeable (SWMBO doesn’t like loud telly).

We loved our 250DR and it was really only the 272 not having Tidal Connect which moved us on and up. It’s an amp which copes well with all sorts of music, very enjoyable. Kinda wish we’d moved it into office with SU rather than trading in.

3 Likes