OCD Alert! Old Naim Price Lists

Cool! Having so many insiders from the company is one more great strength of this forum.

Very useful info @RackKit, many thanks!
The price-list is almost complete from Apr2005 onwards at the moment.
From the “recent” ones I am missing the April 2010 & April 2011. I have Jan2010 & Nov2011 but probably there are some intermediate ones.
Anything before 2004 will also be very welcome! :smiley:

Just a quick update on pricing: NACA5 was £9.25/m in 2005 and just following the UK RPI index it should be ~£14/m today. So the real price has gone up 2.5 times since then. Don’t let it go away if you have it (me too), it will become more precious than gold one day… :grin:

1 Like

Here’s a couple of price lists from 2000 and 2001 which also include a list of “franchised dealers”:

2 Likes

@GeoffC, perhaps you will remember these images. The glossy brochure has you credited as the designer!! I always enjoyed this brochure and kept it all these years.

2 Likes

I always enjoyed this one too. I also have a copy of it somewhere that, IIRC, is in french.

Brings back very fond memories of my old olive NAC72/NAP90 set up. Never quite understand why I got rid of it

2 Likes

Of course Graeme, and thanks, I am pleased to hear that you still have it.

By the way the iBL’s in the picture which I selected for the photo are here - still in my system!

I have all the foreign language versions and I’ll post some of their pages in due course.

1 Like

I have an earlier “square” brochure. Don’t know the age but I got a supplement with the CDI, NAC 82, NAP 180 and Turntable Power Supply (as it is termed) with it.

There are two versions of the square brochure, one with 28 pages and one with 32. That is where my iBL’s first appeared.

32 pages. Page 3 A NAIM FOR THE NINETIES. I look at it often, is that a bit sad?

1 Like

If it is sad, that makes two of us. I often browse through my Olive era literature, and the bits of classic era stuff I have. Plus some hifi mag pages of Naim news/reviews.

THE same IBL’s as in the brochure? Excellent!

1 Like

Yes, chosen from the factory floor!

1 Like

A brochure like yours makes the products look really classy.

1 Like

Thank you, obviously I am very proud of my naim work. My design goal is always to keep things simple, but not necessarily do the obvious.

Not sure if I have mentioned this here before, but the original visual for the square brochure had all 28 pages mocked up with all the text hand written in ink using a rotring pen. Julian commented that he was keen to stick with my penmanship rather than use a proper font, but I persuaded Paul that wasn’t a good way to proceed!

6 Likes

I have quite a large archive of Naim brochures and price lists. I will seek them out when I return home at the end of next week and post any that have not thus far been posted.

1 Like

Many thanks for these price lists! Finally some numbers for the olive series.

I am really curious how the 2002 will look like, with the arrival of all these fresh black boxes!

1 Like

That’s great! I really appreciate your time and everyone else who is contributing. I jumped into the HiFi (and Naim) realm at the end of 2012, so nothing I could contribute from my side. But I promise to share my excel tables with everyone once it has been completed!

1 Like

Wonder what my NAP 140 cost me new in 1996? No sign of the invoice but recently serviced and still going strong!

Unfortunately, I don’t have the 1996 Price List, but:-

NAP 140 in 1995 - £699.13
NAP 140 in 1997 - £750.00