OCD Alert! Old Naim Price Lists

Hi T04

I have an August 1996 price list
NAP 140 was £722.63

I thought I had an older price list too but I have not found it yet.

Ian

Here are 1987, 1988 and 1996 which I found.

I hope these are readable as they are scanned then exported to pdf and then converted to jpeg as I was not able to upload in an easier way.
Ian

3 Likes

Crikey it’s costing me 8p a day!

It is often said, with some justification, that Naim kit “holds a good price” on the second hand market.

Looking at IanS’s ‘96 list, I present to you the humble 326/526 link cards. £18 per pair back then, these days the going rate is around £30 on fleabay!

Don’t you just wish you’d bought a box load back then…:grin:

NAC 52 / Square Brochure

2 Likes

Wow! a complete 1996 CD based pre/power Naim Audio system for £2305 excluding speakers! According to an inflation calculator on Google - £4355 today which is about £350 short I reckon…

Great find @IanS! Everything is very easy to read, many thanks!

Currently missing the following price-lists:

• Everything before 1981 (who knows if they even exist…)
  • 1989-1995
  • 1997-1999
  • April 2000(?)
  • 2002-2004
  • April 2010

I do have some prices for some of these years by scouring internet left and right. But of course having the source information makes things more accurate and complete.

By the way, based on the 1996 prices and using the RPI index, NACA5 should now be at £9.75/m, so 3.6x even more precious nowadays! :grin:

Cheers!

Great stuff. I have also found some old brochures in the website of avoptions. I hope it’s allowed to use this link here:
https://www.avoptions.com/about/naim-archives

And some old reviews here:
https://www.avoptions.com/about/naim-reviews

Owners Manuals / compact disc players / tuners / power amplifiers / integrated amplifier / power supplies / loudspeakers / foreign language version / preamplifiers

3 Likes

Wot!! No pre amplifier? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Graeme Oops - missed that one - I will add it in!

@sihctr Thanks for the link.

The pdf of the square brochure on that website, is not great, so I will add some clearer images from my originals, in between other stuff I am doing right now!

OCD? Mmm…maybe. I have price lists, magazines, newsletters going back as far as 1996. I even found these cardboard details, which IIRC formed the top and bottom of a cardboard NAP250 ( which I had assembled on my shelves for a while - is that sad, or what?).

3 Likes

How about this for more OCD? An interview with Guy Lamotte, designer of the SBL and involved in some of the finest vintage equipment.

2 Likes

I also have copies of the active crossover / av1 processor / connections guide brochures.

Created for dealers only, the connections guide was a marathon artwork job combining the all manual drawings into one mini brochure - with all the naim box and cable connection variations it contained!

I thought Roy George designed the SBL?

Yes, come to think of it, you may be right. Maybe Richard will be able to enlighten us.

I wonder what became of the electrostatic design, the subject of this interview?

Naim’s R&D projects are very much team efforts, but if we’re talking who was the brains behind a particular project and it’s leader, so to speak, then SBLs were Roy’s.

The proposed FL1 Active Electrostatic was one of Guy’s. It was eventually deemed too difficult to produce economically - ironic really now we’re in the age where a five or even six figure speaker is the norm rather than the exception. I remember the remains of the prototypes and also some of the pre production bucks that were stored in the Mezzanine floor of the factory. IIRC, all of the remaining FL1 parts were scrapped when more space was required.

It would be good to see the dealers connection guide if possible Geoff.

1 Like

I have 1998 but can’t upload it as my Mac doesn’t seem able to save as a permitted file type.

/desperate mode ON

Take a photo and upload from your smartphone if that’s what it takes!

/desperate mode OFF
:grin: :grin: