OCD Alert! Old Naim Price Lists

I intended the term to cover all the different naim products of course!

The SL2’s are probably my favourite naim loudspeaker design, apart from my own iBL’s.

3 Likes

SBLs are listed on the April 2002 price list.

@Alba1320 April 2002???!!! :scream: :scream: Where is that one please!! :innocent:
I have April 2001 and October 2002 (where SL2 are first introduced), so I would appreciate this little piece of information. Do you have a copy?

Currently missing:

• <=1980
  • 1983 (Introduction of NAIT)
  • 1991 (introduction of CDS? DBL?)
  • mid1993-mid1994 (introduction of NAC92, NAIT 3, NAT03)
  • Late 1995/Early1996 (introduction of CD2, NAIT 3R)
  • Early 2000
  • Early 2002 (end of Olive era)
  • 2003-2004

Getting close to having the full story… Actually I observe some discrepancies between the product history in the website and when some items appeared/disappeared. That will be the next phase of my quest! :sweat_smile:

Cheers! :beers:

1 Like

Quick quiz: Guess what this graph is. (Not related to coronavirus in any way, to give you a hint!)

Capture1

Naim price rises?

1 Like

Indeed, can you guess which item? The scales are linear at least, not logarithmic!

Speaker cable. A4/A5

2 Likes

Agreed, I think you are spot on with this.

@Steve Spot on! :clinking_glasses: Red line is NACA4 and blue is NACA5 below. I am also plotting UK RPI as a reference. NACA5 would be at ~£15/m today if it was just following inflation. So pretty good investment after all!

Data processing is fun!

Capture2

2 Likes

1 Like

:+1: The transition from Olive to Black was bugging me and now it’s complete!

I need to find an easy way to share the spreadsheet and all the lists via the cloud with all of you once I find some spare time!

1 Like

I’m not sure that these are of any interest - they must be rather common. The brochure is probably 1978.

4 Likes

And this came with my NAC22/NAP120. Those user’s manuals were rather basic, to say the least…

4 Likes

What I want to know is…what happened to the NAP170?!

Fascinating to see such a specific recommendation for the Linn and Supex. It shows very clearly how closely the two companies worked.

That looks like it is from a later manual than the set I produced, (I can tell by the font), and my guess it is a typo and it should be 180?

Yes, I can only assume it’s a typo. It’s in the back of a Nait 5 manual, presumably as an upgrade option.

It’s a typo I think. It should be NAP150.

1 Like

I was intrigued by this to compare with LME copper prices over the period of the rapid increase (2010-2015). Unfortunately I could find no correlation.

Like the SL2’s these first appeared in 2002 - naim allae’s.

6 Likes