Olympics

Forest Gump for gold? :ping_pong:

2 Likes

Watching the Aus v Spain game. Gee Spain love a bit of a dive. Hate to see if the poor buggers ever really got injured.

Really enjoyed the women’s road race this morning, good to see a break end in a win. Anna Kiesenhofer’s is a well-deserved winner, took a chance by going out in the break and it paid off.

2 Likes

Great win.

She probably surprised herself with the victory. She obviously hadn’t practiced riding over the line, arms aloft. She was very shaky.

2 Likes

Just been reading about how the IOC decided that selling the full TV rights to a pay channel rather than the free to air BBC was most important to them.

Hardly reflective of The Olympic Ideal is it…?

2 Likes

Sad to see Bradly Sinden settle for silver against Rashitov.

1 Like

Like a lot of institutions unfortunately money is king.

Great swim by Ariarne Titmus in the women’s 400m final and Adam Peaty in 100m breaststroke (swimming).

1 Like

XC MTB is up and running. Technical looking course has already claimed one big name. Pidcock is a big prospect for a medal.

Pete, that 400m swim was worth it for the coach’s reaction alone! It was a great race.

Bruce

1 Like

Archery and shooting coverage on the BBC is virtually non existent. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Those and weightlifting are the only things I’m likely to watch. I like cycling but to watch a whole race live it just too much.
So for me, it’s a big switch off/over

I thought his head was going to come off, he’s had to apologise for taking his mask off.

:smiley:

Are they not on ‘Red Button’?

Blimey! Well done Tom and Matty! Magnificent! :grinning:

That 5th dive, just incredible…

Tom Daley finally gets Gold at 4th attempt. The Chinese pair were superb, as you would expect.
Amazing.

2 Likes

Go Tim Podcock, as the commentator just called him.

1 Like

Good win. Damn hard work.

Yep, have to watch that now :grinning:

Opps sorry there’s no spoiler warning. Sorry.

's alright, I’m working and am online right now, I know the result…

1 Like

Not that I’ve seen.